Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheat Shortcuts

by plasticbox Posted 21st Dec 2014 at 11:49 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM by plasticbox

192 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 12:06 PM
There's apparently some issues with TS4 vs. Windows 10 -- I know nothing about them, I don't have Windows 10. Check the Bugs/Issues forum on the official site as well as their bug report forum, I'd say. Also, do you have script mods enabled?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#127 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 6:55 PM
Default Shortcuts cheat
Yes, when I opened TS4 after the upgrade, for some reason, Scripts wasn't enabled, but I then enabled them, exited and opened TS4 again and the shortcuts still aren't working. No issues yet with any other mods or cc. I knew I should have waited to install Windows 10.

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
There's apparently some issues with TS4 vs. Windows 10 -- I know nothing about them, I don't have Windows 10. Check the Bugs/Issues forum on the official site as well as their bug report forum, I'd say. Also, do you have script mods enabled?
Instructor
#128 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 12:58 PM
I've got Windows 10. I've only used the MOO cheat so far, but it worked fine for me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#129 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 11:54 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 11:56 PM
Thank you for such a great help!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#131 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 5:20 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 5:55 PM
Thanks♥ I love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 4:48 PM
thanx :3
Test Subject
#134 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 9:46 PM
It isn't working i cut and pasted it into my mods folder but when i go into sim4 the cheat console thing wont appear what do i do? please help me Thanks
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:06 PM
If the cheat console won't appear at all you have an issue with your game (or with some other application that uses the same keyboard shortcut), not with this mod. Please proceed to Discussion > Game Help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 11:41 PM
Will this work for MacBook Airs? Thanks
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 5:01 PM
This mod seems to be still working after the Dec 4th patch.
Test Subject
#138 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 7:43 PM
not working for me..i've checked script mods and restarted nothing works
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 8:36 PM
Works for me. Check that you have put it in the proper location, and that the game actually knows it is active.

Test Subject
#140 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 8:01 AM
I Love This Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 9:56 PM
The level of brilliance here is mind blowing. Let's just hope I can follow directions properly... :/ ;) Thanks so much for all your hard work, and for making this game as easy to play as it should have been.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 3:48 AM Last edited by polarbear2008 : 13th Jan 2016 at 5:04 AM.
Plasticbox I love this mod and have never had any problems with it, is it possible that you can update for the new skills, the sims cheats are hard for me to figure out.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#143 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 8:30 AM
Which "new skills" do you mean exactly? Is this something that came with GT? If yes, I'll probably install GT soon (I already have it but my internet connection right now is not great) and will see if anything's missing.

If it's not a GT thing I' need the exact name of the skills please.

Lab Assistant
#144 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by polarbear2008
Plasticbox I love this mod and have never had any problems with it, is it possible that you can update for the new skills, the sims cheats are hard for me to figure out.

I've updated the script myself (adding the missing skills) and added some cheats (remove all buffs, promote in a career, demote in a career, enable free build, complete current milestone). I tried to make a shortcut for the modify relationship cheat but I couldn't make it work so is not there. Feel free to use it if you want.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  shortcuts_coto39_edit.zip (2.3 KB, 63 downloads)
Description: unzip in the root of your mods folder
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 11:08 PM
This very helpful and much quicker way of cheating thank you
Test Subject
#146 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 7:20 AM
This mod has like..saved my life. Is there any chance you could include added skills? (Such as baking, photography, herbalism, etc.) It would be very helpful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#147 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 2:05 PM
Thanks for this, I'm forever forgetting the codes. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 7:44 PM
thank you so much, this will be super helpful! especially with the moveobjects cheat, which i use all the time, and get super tired of re-typing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 9:35 PM
Those of you having issues with this mod not working in your game try this... I moved the shortcuts folder directly into the mods folder where the resource file is located. This helped so much because before i would put the shortcuts folder into a subcategory folder in within my mods folder. Trying moving it in the first place, hope i helped you guys.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#150 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 11:03 PM
Use this all the time,thanks so much. Why they make the codes so obtuse is beyond me but this really speeds the game along. Thanks.
Page 6 of 8