Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default help! Windows 7, I get a message that sims 2 launcher has stopped working
Whenever I click to open the game, I get this message, sometimes even before I click. I have Windows 7, everything was fine until I upgraded my graphics driver. HELP!!! I need my simmies!

I am the cat that ate you're canary
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:58 AM
This is because their main sims 2 site is down...for years now.
What to do :
Create a direct .exe to your desktop.
Your most recent EP is Apartment Life, according to your profile...
Go to C/Programmes(or Programm (xxxxx) where your games are installed. EA GAMES/
Look for your The Sims 2 Apartment Life folder, it should be the first one, if sort alphabetically.
then TSbin, and then right click on your Sims2EP8.exe and..create short cut/desktop.

Here you go. Now start your game from there, do not use the launcher again. Delete your launcher .exe, that is on your desktop probably, you won't need it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 7:58 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:42 AM
neither of these worked. I am going to cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:18 AM
Were you able to do the short cut, or do you mean the short cut doesn't work? Have you deleted your cache files recently? Make sure they are deleted and then try starting your game. A shortcut is far and away the bet way to start the game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Were you able to do the short cut, or do you mean the short cut doesn't work? Have you deleted your cache files recently? Make sure they are deleted and then try starting your game. A shortcut is far and away the bet way to start the game.

it worked, only I had to use fun with pets as the shortcut, I think that was the last expansion that came out that i have. Thanks much!

Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:37 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaah! then you must have UC..and just didn't update your preference on here..
Glad it works now!
I think i would DIE if I could not play the sims 2...lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)