Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 1:56 PM
Default Bodyshop crashes
Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right place as I couldn't find the thread that said about Bodyshop's problems itself. But let me start explaining the issue.

So a few weeks ago I got the sims 2 ultimate collection and I used Bodyshop all the time. But today I opened up bodyshop and at first it gives me this black screen, then when I clicked on it it gives me a 'The pplication has crashed, this application will now terminate'. I tried running it as an administator but that didn't work either. Also setting it as Windows XP service pack 3 compatible won't work.
I deleted the caches as some forums explained me to do as they corrupt easily. But even that didn't work. I'm not really waiting on contacting EA/Origin about the problem as they probably will tell me to reset origin or some not-helpful-so-called-fixes.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 9:34 PM
A bad Windows update? That's the first thing that comes to mind.

Another thing to try: move your Downloads folder somewhere else (like your Desktop) temporarily and then try starting Body Shop. There could be a file in your Downloads folder that's messing things up. (I've had that happen a few times.) If Body Shop starts okay, then you'll know it's something you downloaded that's the problem.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 12:24 PM
It didn't seem to be the downloads folder. I did move it to the desktop like you said, but it seems to have the same issue. And I haven't updated windows in months so that can't be the problem as it did work before (also around the time I didn't update my windows).
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 3:59 PM
Try moving your SavedSims folder out.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 8:58 PM
Sadly I haven't played the game that long to be that the issue >-< It's empty because I never have saved any sims yet. But thanks for the suggestion though ^.^
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 10:59 PM
Thing I wanted to share about the problem, so I just discovered my sims 2 game (the ultimate collection of course) says: 'The sims 2 is not installed on this system, or some required files have been deleted. This expansion pack requires The Sims 2 in order to run. Please install The Sims 2 before attempting to run this application.' which is probably impossible because the base game comes with it. So I'm going to reinstall the game and see if bodyshop works after that.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 11:31 PM
Seems like reinstalling the game did do the trick! Thanks everyone for trying to help me out ^-^