Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2015 at 12:09 PM Last edited by 999rozes : 2nd May 2015 at 2:18 AM.
Default TVs not working in the Sims 4. [Fix: Delete Emotional Overcharge Mod]
Hi guys,

I've been playing the Sims lately with one of my households however everytime I try to let them watch the TV the sim selected will reset its animation to idle and the TV doesn't play at all. Is there a reason why it happens? Possible CC conflict or anything like that?

If anyone has any ideas please don't hesitate to reply.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st May 2015 at 12:13 PM
Where are you placing that TV? Try putting it on a Maxis object to test, without using moveobjects. I've seen what you describe when a custom object I had made had borked slots for the TVs (or they became borked after a patch, not sure) -- at least in that case, the surface was the problem and not the TV. That object is fixed and it would be fixable in other CC objects too, one just has to first narrow down where exactly the problem lies.

As always: test without CC first, then you already know whether or not it can be a game issue. And if you figure out which object/s is/are the problematic one/s (if that is the case for you), please notify the creator.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st May 2015 at 3:05 PM
I had this issue for a small while! I found that some people experience the "watch specific channel = sim reset" issue if they also have the Emotion Overcharge mod installed. I'm not sure if it is because it is reacting to another CC/Mod or not but as soon as I took it out, my sims were able to use the tv as per usual.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2015 at 2:16 AM
Thans so much elw! That was it! Originally I thought it could have been a slots issue but it was indeed the Emotional Overcharge Mod!!
Although I was quite worried that the TV showed a black screen most of the time.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:33 AM
No problem! It was really frustrating for me so I'm happy it helped!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 2:40 AM
for me it was a mod names " McDonald's LCD Digital Menu Board - No Autonomously Change Channel " that did this, after removing the tv channels worked fine