Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:38 AM
TS3 : Plants and shrubbery "on top" of a basement?
Does anyone else have a problem with shrubberies and plants acting strange when placed on a tiles floor on the floor above a basement?

Can't take a screenie while I'm at work unfortunately but this is very similar to what I've tried to make. Basically the flowers and everything else will be visible when I go down a floor to the basement, and in some cases even teleport downstairs or just "block" placement of furniture. (It might take a reload of the time for the behaviour to appear)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:20 AM Last edited by Flabaliki : 7th Jun 2009 at 1:44 AM.
I know what you mean... I'll see what happens when I try it out

EDIT: It seems to work perfectly fine for me :S

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM
Here's a collection of screenshots of what happens in my game. As you can see from the 2nd screenshot and onward the game doesn't seem to handle flora put on floors that have basement beneath them - a real bummer for me
Screenshots
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:12 PM
I haven't had this specific problem, but I had something similar: after using CFE, various objects would arbitrarily shift which level they were on, although their elevation didn't change.

I'm guessing that this is a bug in the game and we'll have to annoy EA if we want them to fix it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:39 AM
I've just finished a bugreport and sent it over to EA. Hopefully they will forward it to Maxis instead of "trying" to help me. ( Worst costumer service I've ever experienced )
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:43 AM
I tried that exact thing, but mine worked fine so I don't know :S

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:00 PM
It works fine in build mode, but as soon as a sim walks beneath the area, the plants go to the next lowered area. I need to make a bug report about steath stairs. Mine always fly up at the landing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.