Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 1:51 PM
Default Problem with shadow on bed
Hello

I´ve meshed a few objects at the last days, but this bed will not work right. All other objects are great, but by the bed i´ve a terrible shadow on top. Hope someone can tell me how i can remove this shadow.

Another question. Has someone an idea, how to link the parts of kitchen counters? The counter works with sink, but not with the corner part and the only top part for dishwasher.

thanks for help
Advertisement
Firestarter
#2 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 3:25 PM
Shadows are caused by the alphas. You need to redo the alphas, completely fresh and then copy over the names of the alphas that are in the package and import and overwrite them in the package.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 4:39 PM
First my bed looks so

I think you mean this pic are for the shadows?

In gimp this ist transparent. When i split it in single layers rgb are this picture above and the alpha layer ist black. Which colors must be the single layer to remove the shadow? I´ve tried with all black and rgb white / alpha black and my bed is now completely black?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:26 PM
Try making this texture(white one, not the grey) all black. It worked for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 7:47 PM
Now i,´ve made the rgb layers white and the alpha black, but the shadow is still present.

Probably it´s not the shadow that problem. It looks in Milkshape a little weird.

So hope someone has another idea cause my ideas are empty.

All other objects i´ve made are working and looking fine only this bad bed not.
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 8:59 PM
That mesh looks like it has two layers very close together for the sheet.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 9:22 PM
The bedding is unchanged. It always looks so when i´ve load it in milkshape. I only edit the frame and changed this group. The new frame is also asignt to the correct joint.

I put the package to the post. Maybe you take a look to them.

Thanks for help and this great programs to mesh objects.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Schnuffi1982_Bett_Empire.rar (558.3 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#8 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 2:54 AM
Schnuffi:

You are using one of the older versions of the tools. The normals are the problem (the ones that are exactly horizontal and vertical are flipped). I have since fixed this issue.

Use the newer version of the tools (in this thread).

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:03 PM
Now with the new S3 Obj Tool the bed looks great. So it was not a shadow what i first think. Thanks for help and great Program.

To see or download take a look at Sims3Marktplatz