Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:21 PM
Default A door question
Hi,

Has somebody noticed that the large doors does not function in all the lots even if the building is 3 stores high? Is it a bug or did I misunderstand something?

Would be grateful to read your comments.
Thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 18th Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM.
Are you talking about EA houses? In that case I couldn't care less, and this probably belong in the discussion forum. If you talk about how to build houses and find out there is different doors to different heights, you're right that is a feature with TS4.

... and sorry if I sound rude, it's just those ugly EA houses ...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Are you talking about EA houses? In that case I couldn't care less, and this probably belong in the discussion forum. If you talk about how to build houses and find out there is different doors to different heights, you're right that is a feature with TS4.

... and sorry if I sound rude, it's just those ugly EA houses ...

Thanks for your answer. No I meant certain empty lots. I'm am quite capable of building houses, but the large doors do not function in certain empty lots. Yes I do agree and you are not rude, all EA houses are ugly, so are also (forgive me for being rude), most of the furniture pieces, pictures, etc. It is a pity!
dodgy builder
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kufstein
Thanks for your answer. No I meant certain empty lots. I'm am quite capable of building houses, but the large doors do not function in certain empty lots. Yes I do agree and you are not rude, all EA houses are ugly, so are also (forgive me for being rude), most of the furniture pieces, pictures, etc. It is a pity!

Ah, a bug? I haven't seen that, and I have built a few, I might have had a lucky draw though. Any perticular lot you have seen this on?

I'm waiting for the community to start making some good parts, that's where the good things comes from usually.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:21 PM
@Kufstein - what exactly do you mean by "do not function"? You cannot place them, sims can't walk through them, some other problem .. ?

(One thing that's not very obvious in TS4 is how entrance doors work: sims will only route correctly when the footprint arrows of the door point to the outside. Is this perhaps your issue?)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:59 PM
The route correctly you mean they go inside to ring the doorbell if the door is the wrong way? I have seen that, by not working I guess they simply don't work. Thinking about it I have seen that issue with windows and doors being half hidden like if you used moveobjects on, if that's the issue, then it should be possible to fix. Someone suggested it had to do with rooms being double, in that case it doesn't happen all the time.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
The route correctly you mean they go inside to ring the doorbell if the door is the wrong way?

That, and apparently they also jump back outside sometimes or have other routing iffyness. Not sure what exactly, but it's definitely things that may qualify as "not working" (like one would expect).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
Thank you both!
I should be more specific:I've started building a house in Oasis Springs, in an empty lot - "Arid ridge". The building has a 3 stores (the maximum) high kind of tower. Trying to add and click on the middle sized doors or the large ones I get a strange message: "requires a taller level height" - in other words I can't use them, they are 'unclickable'. A bug or what else? It happens in other lots too, but not in all of them!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:00 PM
Well have you tried making the walls higher? Or is this in a high room already? (Select a room, there you get the option to change height)

It doesn't matter how many levels your building has .. the room height of the level you're on needs to be high enough to accomodate the taller doors/windows. So if you get that message in a normal.height room, then that's not a bug but a perfectly valid error message.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
To make a wall higher, click on it and you will get an option to choose between 3 different heights.
You can also choose to see only the doors and windows that go on a specific height of wall by clicking the right height on the side menu on the left when you are in the windows/doors catalog.
dodgy builder
#11 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 4:01 PM
I got that massage when I tried using a trim, apparently then the doors needs to be lower. That might be your problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:28 PM
Default Thank You!
Hi guys,

Many thanks for your help and patience. I must admit that I haven't payed attention to those 3 different wall heights. Now everything is clear and functions perfectly well. Thank you again Plasticbox, Volvenom and Hazuitokage.