Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I don't know how to describe this but this error scares me.

I think when I quit this lot last, the guy was playing with the car. Do I panic? I hit reset and now one of his want slots are blank.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:40 PM
Objects.package read-only? You should be fine if that's the case. Might want to check the last modified date on that to be on the safe side. Don't save while Sims are playing with the remote-control car.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:50 PM
The last modified date is from January 2015, which is probably a UC thing. I'll set them to read-only, though.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:05 PM
Run HoodChecker, but I think you'll be fine for the most part. It looks like something reset and the game tried to initialize the car as an actual Sim but failed. Someone else probably understands this stuff better but that's what it seems.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:36 PM
I ran Hoodchecker (just the memories and relationships, the usual) went back into the game, and he still has the empty want slot. This may be unrelated, but I might as well try to figure out the problem while I'm here.

Update: I fufilled a want and it fixed itself. Problem solved!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:22 PM
Empty want slots are common.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:38 PM
Alright, good. Everything I had looked up said it was a sign of corruption... glad that's not the case.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:43 PM
People seem to have a tendency to shout 'corruption' when the game does something slightly odd (and missing want slots is really only very slightly odd) but most of the time it's not the case. You want to take all that with a pinch of salt. The only thing known to corrupt a neighbourhood is deleting a sim (by some method or other) from the game - such as putting them in their lot in the lot bin (not exactly deleting but it deletes them from the neighbourhood they were in) and so on. Stuff like wiggly lines in the conversation icons can be a sign of corruption but just as often isn't - it's just a buggered memory. The one thing you should be concerned about is inappropriate wants in toddlers and children. That's usually a bad sign - though still a sign, not necessarily a confirmation. There are circumstances where that can happen without it being a problem.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:17 AM
Relating o the NPC error, do you have, or have you had but removed any objects with custom NPC, like Beck's animals, custom objects using the custom remote control cars/helicopters or robots as a base (not recolors), custom cage pets, or other custom NPCs of any kind? These contain NPCs, and some of them can cause neighborhood corruption in your game if removed improperly. That is, if you put them in your Downloads folder, play the game, (not sure if you have to place them on a lot or it's enough to just have them in the DL folder), remove the files, and go back ingame to play.

Removing/deleting a custom NPC object the wrong way can be as bad as improperly deleting a sim, since the game treats the NPC as a character.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:58 AM
Yeah - I'd call that a variant of deleting a sim since that's what it is with custom NPC/objects.

Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 1:13 AM
I haven't deleted any mods recently, so I think I'm good on that.