Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 7:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Will my Sims show up in the bin?
Hello I decided to do a clean run on my game this morning since I was having a lot of crashing problems and wanted to restart my game with updated custom content to see if I could fix the issue. I decided to remove my old Sims 3 file and delete it to free some space on my hard drive. I did copy my Saves files, Library, and Installed Worlds onto an external hard drive. After this I remembered there is a "Saved Sims" file that I didn't copy. If I restore my old Save Files will I be able to salvage the Sims I created (and most are still in the bin), or should I use a restore software to get my Saved Sims folder back?

Thank you. Please let me know if there is any more information I should provide.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I'm really tired, so I apologize ahead of time for being annoying.

If you install your old saves without the sims from the Saved Sims folder, any sims that are not in the bin are not going to show up. Once you put that folder back, all the sims that are there that were not 'binned' will appear again.

Hopefully this makes sense. I reads like gibberish in my head.

Thank you for your answer! I am re-installing my game right now and I'll see how it goes putting these folders back in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm really confused by what you mean folder this folder that and sims this and that.

Do you mean you started a "clean" game? With a new "Sims 3 user folder?" Which is the main TS3 user data folder including all your saves, library, etc...?

Ok, "saved sims" folder only contains sims you SAVED in CAS. So, yes if you deleted this folder, you simply deleted them from the "premade sim" section of the CAS.

If you restore your old save games, yes, your sims INSIDE the game will still be around and you can save those if you want, though they probably aged since you played them.

Now, sims saved in the "household BIN" are saved in your "library" folder. So if you want to extract from those, you just need to put the library folder back in.

I pretty much never use the "saved sim" except when I downloaded someone's sim, which I've only done once or twice. Most convenient way to save sims is save the whole household into the household bin.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for the late reply! After putting my library folder back, I found all my sims in the household bin. Thanks so much for your answer.