Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Television in Double Deluxe
I have my own videos I play in other versions of Sims 2 but can't seem to find out where to put them in double deluxe... Presume you know you can play virtually any avi file on your Sims TV if you know where to put the folders. C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 (Latest Expansion Pack)\TS Data\Res\UserData\Config then Broadcast. Ive tried that for Sims 2 Dbl Deluxe and so far no soap. Anyone got any ideas ???
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:20 AM
Default Double Deluxe
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
I have my own videos I play in other versions of Sims 2 but can't seem to find out where to put them in double deluxe... Presume you know you can play virtually any avi file on your Sims TV if you know where to put the folders. C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 (Latest Expansion Pack)\TS Data\Res\UserData\Config then Broadcast. Ive tried that for Sims 2 Dbl Deluxe and so far no soap. Anyone got any ideas ???

Just out of curiousity, does anyone use Double Deluxe ?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 3:55 AM
I do, but only because it's part of the UC, so it's probably not the same.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 5:16 AM
There are a good number who have various packs including DD, but most would have all or most of the other EP's as well. Quite cheap on eBay.

I have each EP and SP separate and no group packs. Many also have the UC. There are probably only a handful here who have just base or a few EP's. AndrewGloria is one whose latest EP is I think Open For Business because he's on something like a notebook so it makes sense not to stress it. If you have a decent computer I would go get the rest, only a matter of time before eBay starts drying up too.

Sorry, can't help with your original question.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#5 Old 26th Dec 2018 at 5:31 AM
Here's a tutorial. Give it a try. I think it requires more than just putting it in the broadcast folder.
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...tv-show-on.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 6:46 AM
Default Double Deluxe and TV
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Here's a tutorial. Give it a try. I think it requires more than just putting it in the broadcast folder.
https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...tv-show-on.html
Just for the record I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs and one one computer am playing all including T&A except Pets. Have Pets but choose not to use it. Have Pets on UC and they are annoying. Im playing Double Deluxe more as a challenge than anything else. So far have not been able to add any expansion or stuff packs to Double Deluxe. Have about 13 gigs in my download folder so can do a lot without other packs. I miss the modify appearance mirror thou, can't seem to get it to show up. I know you have to have more for the TV, just don't know where to put it in Double Deluxe.
Instructor
#7 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 3:08 PM
I'm confused. If the video does not show up, you have to follow the guidelines and requirements in the tutorial because it may be too big to broadcast in the game.

First off, we need to see your computer OS system and what graphic card you are running it on. Second, what folder in the computer are you installing the Base Game to? And are you changing where the game installs in your computer?

"Have about 13 gigs in my download folder so can do a lot without other packs." ….what does this mean???
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 3:14 PM
The "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 (Latest Expansion Pack)\TS Data\Res\UserData\Config" folders on my computer only has a "Broadcast" file in them, no folders.

Sure it's not this folder? I think you'll be able to put AVI files in these, possibly as a substitute for the regular TS2 movies.
C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Movies\Broadcast

I think the AVI files need to have a certain format. Maybe have a look at the tutorial.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 10:43 PM
Default Double Deluxe TV
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 (Latest Expansion Pack)\TS Data\Res\UserData\Config" folders on my computer only has a "Broadcast" file in them, no folders.

Sure it's not this folder? I think you'll be able to put AVI files in these, possibly as a substitute for the regular TS2 movies. Think they also go in Sims2 Folder, not the Download but in same folder.
C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Movies\Broadcast

I think the AVI files need to have a certain format. Maybe have a look at the tutorial.

Tried to make changes to the Broadcast.ini file but it is Write Protected and won't let me change permissions.. About ready to give up, however if you have the disc version I recommend trying to set up the TV and don't worry about the size 128x128 or the frame rate or anything else except you definitely need .avi extension and probably should limit size to no more than 300 megs, other than that I have installed about a dozen avi's with no problem and they play and look great...once in a while they start running very fast but if you pause the game they catch up and are OK after that. Get the very large screen TV also....
Instructor
#10 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by hedgekat : 29th Dec 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Don't know if this helps since I have UC, but in my game they go in Documents/TS2/Movies but not in the Broadcast subfolder.

Oops, that is incorrect. The loose ones in the movie folder are ones that I have made but not put in the game. Yesterday after posting I moved one of them to the folder TVMovie_Fairies in the Broadcast subfolder. I then entered the game and had a sim watch that movie. It was the one I had just put in. But it is definitely in Documents and not in the Program files.