Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 8:23 PM
My most recent fire disaster happened this past weekend, while playing a round at the Ramaswami household.

It was 'Lover's Day' (courtesy of Phaenoh's calendar with holidays). So, I decided to have Priya (who was pregnant) make a nice dinner for she and Sanjay, and light the fireplace as well.

He gets home from work while she's still cooking. Thought it was going to be such a sweet moment. The fireplace was going, sunset had set in (lightning mod). He walks in, immediately queuing up some ACR related wants. Then bam...a fire breaks out on the stove. Priya, is jumping all over the place. I'm shaking my head saying "You've got to be kidding me."...then I realize I don't hear the smoke detector and the fire department had not shown up.

It takes me a minute before I realize that though there is a detector in the kitchen area, it's not within the part of the kitchen where the stove is. I'd used one the flat landscaping fences to separate the wood flooring, from the tiled flooring.

I sigh, and try and get Priya out of the area...yeah right. Of course she ignored every command. Finally managed to get, Sanjay, calmed enough to make the call to the fire department...hoping they'd get the spreading fire under control. They show up, the fire gets put out.

Of course dinner is ruined, and Sanjay and Priya were both in the red on hygiene, fun and hunger by now. Priya, who was on her first bump at time, tanked in energy as well. I get both of them fed (with leftovers) and cleaned up. Priya, went off to bed and Sanjay played a computer game. So much for a romantic evening.

And just when I thought things couldn't get worse (No, the fireplace didn't start a fire that night, but it did the next day.) The game camera jumps up a floor to Priya, getting out of the bed, holding her belly and moaning. She was suffering a miscarriage (yet another mod), which only added to her stress. She went into aspiration failure, of which I couldn't get her back to green, or yellow, before the round at their home ended (I do not use cheats for motives and such, always play with freewill on, and only focus on wants that Sims roll).

So the next round at their home, should be interesting.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 15th Feb 2014 at 8:39 PM
Oh my favorite fire incident was at Sims State. Angela Pleasant and some of her couple friends got a house on the outskirts of campus. Well needless to say they were no chefs moving in so one of them tried making dinner. Stupid college kids put a rug in the kitchen next to the stove ... so the stove catches on fire and so does the whole kitchen. They didn't have a fire alarm and all requests to leave (by me) were ignored by all. So all 4 couples burned because they had to watch the fascinating fire. Thank goodness I didn't save the game!
Mad Poster
#78 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 10:41 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 2nd Jan 2020 at 11:06 AM.
This is an old thread, but I thought I'd post anyways because it's great.

I once had a stove fire manage to spread to a puddle of water from a broken sink.

One of my other favorite stories is poor Jhonattan Goth in Emerald Heights. He invited his crush over for a date and they both went out in the backyard during a rainstorm.

He said goodbye to his date and went in to clean up. Lightning struck one of the trees in the backyard but I left it, expecting the rain to put it out. A few Sim-hours later:

I still don't know how a metal telescope burned down.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#79 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I still don't know how a metal telescope burned down.

The heat was so intense that it melted.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 1:37 PM
I remember the worst case of fire in my game ever happened in Desiderata Valley, as I was playing the Contrary family.

There was a thunderstorm which lit a tree on fire, as you do, but the rain also stopped fast enough to not put it out. For some reason I decided that it would be better if I had the sims put it out instead of calling the fire department. This turned out to be a Very Bad Thing in every sense of the phrase. Nobody could put it out, and the fire spread to the house, and even to the sims. And it was BAD, the original tree was in the back garden and the fire managed to make its way to the front porch. Edward, Opal and Rick all burned in that fire, and the only person who survived to see this all was Violet Jocque, who happened to be visiting at that time.

How does this become a Very Bad Thing, you ask? Well, I know I knew the reason at that time, but due to some shenanigans, it resulted in one of the sims not dying correctly or something, which meant there was still technically someone living on the lot, but loading it up would just bring up the build mode you get when a family dies out on a lot. In essence, this corrupted the neighbourhood (this can really be the ending to any story about the sims 2 huh).
Page 4 of 4