Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Part-time Hermit
#51 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 3:51 PM
PETCHY14, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your recolor. I opened the package in SimPE, right-clicked on the texture image and chose Build DXT, then browsed to your texture file and clicked Build, then clicked Commit on the main screen, and saved the package. The texture stays the way it's supposed to, I can't see anything wrong with it. Make sure you're really doing all the steps and in the right order.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 5:14 PM Last edited by PETCHY14 : 30th Dec 2006 at 12:39 PM.
Right, Ok, if It works on yours then It should work on mine too.
I'll have a Shoot at this agin. It SHOULD work now as you've had a go at it. Right?

Thanks for helping me, and I'm realy sorry if I've wasted your time aswell as mine!

IT WORKED!
Thank you SOOOOOOOO much!!!
Its a real great feeling this!
My sims look so nice in the bed too!
:D
My single bed ARnt perfect, but I'll find a way for it to work!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 4:58 AM
This is great. Thanks. I was wondering what I was doing wrong.
-Chris
Field Researcher
#54 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 1:51 AM Last edited by Ashen : 5th Feb 2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Removed att
I have a question re single bed - can this line in the middle be dropped, that is visible during huge zooming - or is it as good as it gets? Thanks!

Touch my mind
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 5:01 AM
That's not very visible.... but usually I can get a _seamless_ single bed. You do have to copy the texture from the center of the double bed, and then experiment, the templates appear to be a few pixels off, so try moving the single bed texture to the... (looking) left by 3-4 pixels and see if that improves it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:41 AM
Aha, I see ... now that may explain the tiny differences I've been experiencing all along! Wonderful, thanks a lot for the help, and even more for the brilliant tutorial!

Touch my mind
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 6:50 PM Last edited by DaFoxyD : 5th Feb 2007 at 7:47 PM.
FIXED!!!!!
apparently I used the wrong size template

Hi, could some one please help me? I followed all of the guidelines, and I used the guys template for the bed. I saved as PNG, but, when I went to build the DXT, I hit Build, and it gives me the error "Unable to read beyond the end of stream"
Details
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream. SimPE Version:
Default (0.60.2.20832).

Exception Stack:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
at SimPe.Plugin.ImageLoader.DXT3Parser(Size parentsize, TxtrFormats format, Int32 imgsize, BinaryReader reader, Int32 wd, Int32 hg)

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
at SimPe.Plugin.ImageLoader.DXT3Parser(Size parentsize, TxtrFormats format, Int32 imgsize, BinaryReader reader, Int32 wd, Int32 hg)

.NET Version:

I hit ok a couple of times and it goes away. I hit commit and saved. I went into the game to check it out, but as soon as I clicked on any bed, the game crashes. BUT if I just normal clicked on any bed, "not wanting different colors" it would work. Can anyone please help? Send me a message if possible, THANKS!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 8:29 AM
#1 delete your recolor file to fix the game crashes

#2 start over, make sure you have all the things you need for SimPE install (there is a list of things you need). Make sure you installed the nvidia tools correctly.

#3 when you save your file, make sure you saved with the right format, don't tell it to save a png file and then name it 'bmp' or something

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaFoxyD
FIXED!!!!!
apparently I used the wrong size template

I must have copied the template wrong in the first place :P
Test Subject
#60 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:39 PM
hi there can anyone help me on this? I've made recolours of bedding but some seem to have "bolts" of colour that go all the way to the sky in my game and I don't know why.... grrrrr! Its happened with downloaded bedcovers as well as created ones, so I don't think its something I've done wrong while I've followed the tutorials (which have been brilliant many thanks to all the clever ones out there who want to help)... don't know what to do, any ideas anyone?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 9:24 AM
Catfink, never heard of this (and I'm wondering if you somehow got a damaged object) Can you take a screenshot and then use manage attachments here to share it with us?

Test Subject
#62 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 6:34 PM
Default Bed Recolouring Problem
Thank you so much for replying! I've taken 3 pictures, one of the thumbnail, one close up, and one distance, hopefully this will give you an idea of my problem. It doesn't happen with all my bedcovers, and sometimes the beams disappear until a sim gets on the bed. Any help would be very much appreciated!
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 9:12 AM
Catfink, in my opinion, I am inclined to think you have a damaged object (like an incorrectly made new bed) or hack in your game - because that looks like part of the bed is animating very very wrong.

So what I suggest would be - remove your downloads folder. Then pick a few _beddings_ (not custom beds!) to put back into your game. In your my docs-sims - folders, delete all the thumbnail files and all the cache files, they will regenerate. Then run your game, and see if your beds behave normally. Don't save of course, assuming you are testing on a lot that had custom content. Assuming this works, then look at 'game help' for suggestions on how to sort through your downloads and find the bad one(s).

Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 5:47 PM
Default Bedding Problem
OK, thats what I'll do then, thanks for looking and wish me luck!
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 4:05 PM
Hallo tiggerypum!

I forgot to say thanks for your little tutorial!
I had been trying to make good looking beddings for several days and almost got it on my own, but you hit the mark!
And now I have figured out the correct measure of how much I have to cut out from the double bed and put onto the single bed.
Our team (Blackys Sims2 Zoo) was very interested in your tutorial, and so I made a short translation for them, which of course we don't publish, as I told them that you don't want that.

Thank you very much, now it's really fun making beddings!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:13 AM
mammut, I'm glad you were able to put it to good use. If you'd like share the translation here at mts2, that would be wonderful, and I'd be grateful.

Test Subject
#67 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 4:17 PM
tiggerypum, I don't know exactly what you mean:
Am I allowed to public my translation together with my experiences on our website and give you the link?
Or can I upload it here as well?
Or shall I first of all send you a copy of it so that you can have a look?

That would be rally great!

Come and visit Blackys Sims Zoo
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 11:03 PM
mammut, I can't read German so I'll have to take your word for it that the translation is good but... let's see. I'd like to be able to post a copy here, I'll PM you with my email address so you can send it and I can add it to the beginning as an optional download (if you can write it up so folks can download). And at this point, as long as you give credit/link to here, you can post it to your site also - and say it's with permission. I'd rather share the information. Badly made bed textures make me unhappy

Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 9:04 PM
tiggerypum, please excuse my late reply!
I got a bad cold and then my internet didn't work, but today I sent you a mail.
Please tell me if something is wrong.
THANK YOU!

Come and visit Blackys Sims Zoo
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 2:38 PM
Ashen, moved your question to its own thread, as this one is for asking questions specific to the materials covered in the tutorial
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=225246

Field Researcher
#71 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 2:57 PM
Ah, sorry about that, thank you very much! :D

Touch my mind
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 8:38 AM
Line up the two right hand 'edges' (the center line) and then move it over a few pixels. I did add that it needed a few pixel nudge to be perfect. I didn't make the templates, but if you cut along the right hand line and line that up with the right hand part of the bed and then experiment with moving it over a few pixels, it will line up. You do see that MY beds do not have any lines down the center. Of course, I'm magic, but maybe it's just the technique

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 10:29 PM
Default I'm just too bad with English.
I'm sorry, you're just too scientific for my level of knoledge when it comes to texturizing; and I didn't explain myself very well sorry.
Can I just use Darts' Template? It looks complicated, and I still don't know how to put some color with the paintbrush without messing up the shadows, but I can try. What are the disadvantages with Darts' Template? This will be my last question, I promise not to bother anymore. Just help me with these questions; be brief, because when you extend your answer, it gets very confusing
Questions:

-Which template is more easier to use?___Both Templates
-Which one has more advantages?___Both Templates
-How can i fill some color to the sheetfolds without messing the shadows?(something tells me that I should start with the channels__Darts' Template).
-In Dart's Template, there's some sort of grid that guides you to every part of the bed, it even places automatically your marquee in the spot of the pattern, depending on how close it was to the pattern. Could I make the pasting from where Darts guided it?

I think that Darts' Template would help better, unless you say 'no' on it.
Thanks for your help, Tig

NOTE: nelson_ts2fan_loco is not my name anymore
my real name is Nel
N-E-L
Thank you for your attention
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 5:45 AM
I don't know what to suggest other than you trying both templates and experimenting until you find the technique that works best for you. The templates (either one, I've also used darts) are fairly accurate but might not be perfect. As I said, after I do the cutting I need to move things a *few pixels* to get them perfect - but seriously the hardest part is understanding which area you need to cut - and for that both templates are about the same, in my eyes. You might find one easier than another.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 10:37 PM
Okay, Tig, I think that you helped more than enough. Thanks for your help and patiente, I'll see ya around.

Nel
Page 3 of 5