Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 6:38 PM
Default Need help with a Tuning mod.
I'm trying to create a tuning mod that prevents inactive sims from switching to one of the performer careers added by the Showtime expansion pack.

I've already extracted the needed files from the GamePlayData.package and created my own package using S3PE and a tutorial I found, however I do not know which part of XML to edit so that I can achieve what I want.

I tried disabling the careers with NRAAS's story progression mod, however that changes way too many thing for my liking as I don't even have EA's story progression enabled (yes, inactive sims still change to these careers with no story progression enabled).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks (for helping with the creation of this mod or pointing me to another that does what I want and nothing else).
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 8:56 PM
PerformanceArtist_0xa36a2be5f0f8e25d seems to be the one doing it. As you can see, the XML has a 'service' in it, which means NPCs sims can become a performer. I guess editing this line:

<kMaxNumNPCsInPool value="1">
<!--Max num NPCs at once in service-->
</kMaxNumNPCsInPool>

to 0 could do the trick bu i'm not really sure
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Tanis Half-Elven : 29th Jul 2016 at 10:38 PM.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'll have to play for a while to see if it works or not, could this cause game breaking issues if it doesn't do what I want it to?

Edit: That didn't seem to work, I started a new game and fast forwarded 2 days and there was a sim with the Acrobat career. Any other ideas on how to stop this?
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:46 PM
That's strange... I checked the grim reaper service xml and it actually shows 1 which means one NPC can be the grim reaper. Although these are performance in general. Although it seems it has to be changed in the: PerformerBase_0x454215f94a180daf as well. Just make sure you edit anything that has MaxNumNPCInPool (It doesn't mean how many NPCs can swim in a pool, it's just how many NPCs of that kind of services will exists) I would check any other file for that one sentence as well. Just edit them to 0.

EDIT: I forgot to tell, editing it to 0 will make sure NPCs can never become a NPC service of perfomance. Which means, you won't have any NPC acrobats, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 11:14 PM
I added the PerformerBase_0x454215f94a180daf to my package and changed the MaxNumNPCInPool to 0 but I still got a Magician.

What other files with the MaxNumNPCInPool should I edit, presumably ones referring to performance careers, I had a quick but couldn't find any.

I'll continue my search tomorrow, and thanks for the help.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 10:56 AM
Oh wait... I should have searched through the NPC category. (Well I just searched NPC but still >->) but I found the one that made NPCs play for tips. I've no idea if that's the same for festival grounds. But this is the one: NPCShowManager_0xf83ec0689e5056f2
and it seems that it is set to 75 which means there is a 75% chance. Change that one to 0 if you doesn't want that kind of preformance.

If nothing else works, check if the instance you import into your package is the same as from the gamedata.package.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 4:27 PM
I decided to untick Showtime from my expansion & stuff list in the launcher as I only like a few objects from it that I can live without.

I no longer need help creating a mod but thanks for the help anyway, I was appreciated.