Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 6:45 PM
Default "Apologize to spouse while angry" not fulfilled after apology
Hi all,

My Sim Anya has the Soulmate aspiration and has a wife, Kaley. One of the goals for her aspiration was to apologize to her spouse while angry. I had them be mean to each other, Anya got angry, and I used the "smooth apology" on Kaley. All was forgiven with the gals but the "apologize" goal wasn't checked off. Is this a glitch or did I do something wrong? I don't have any CC installed yet. I'm kind of ticked that they took a big hit to their friendship and romance for no reason. I have some work to do to get them back to where they were, so I definitely don't want to do anymore damage to their relationship right now, especially if it's not going to complete the goal.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 9:57 AM
I just read this http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...piration-glitch
Try this...
For the Sim that's trying to complete the aspiration, pick a Sim other than your spouse and do Mean socials on them until your own Sim turns angry from the conversation. Now, have your Sim do a single Mean social on their spouse, and then immediately apologize afterwards. The aspiration should complete at that point. Your spouse shouldn't have to do anything, and it shouldn't matter what emotion they're currently in. Hope that helps!

This actually worked..... I had the spouse that wanted to complete the aspiration be mean to some random person outside her house. They fought, and she declared the person an enemy. Took a nap for her dazed moodlet to go away (because she lost the fight) and the angry moodlet to take hold. Yelled at my spouse, then smooth apology, completed aspiration.

I hope that helps you get Apologise to spouse while angry goal done........And as I live in Australia we spell apologise with an S not a Z....
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tonlynski
Hi all,

My Sim Anya has the Soulmate aspiration and has a wife, Kaley. One of the goals for her aspiration was to apologize to her spouse while angry. I had them be mean to each other, Anya got angry, and I used the "smooth apology" on Kaley. All was forgiven with the gals but the "apologize" goal wasn't checked off. Is this a glitch or did I do something wrong? I don't have any CC installed yet. I'm kind of ticked that they took a big hit to their friendship and romance for no reason. I have some work to do to get them back to where they were, so I definitely don't want to do anymore damage to their relationship right now, especially if it's not going to complete the goal.

Thanks!

Yeah, the best method for that to be completed, well, my sim with the soulmate aspiration is also hot-headed, and had the wife make him angry, and then her angry too from my sim, then had him apologise to her and that fullfilled that task. It was a mess for me to fullfill it too..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
I just read this http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...piration-glitch
Try this...
For the Sim that's trying to complete the aspiration, pick a Sim other than your spouse and do Mean socials on them until your own Sim turns angry from the conversation. Now, have your Sim do a single Mean social on their spouse, and then immediately apologize afterwards. The aspiration should complete at that point. Your spouse shouldn't have to do anything, and it shouldn't matter what emotion they're currently in. Hope that helps!

This actually worked..... I had the spouse that wanted to complete the aspiration be mean to some random person outside her house. They fought, and she declared the person an enemy. Took a nap for her dazed moodlet to go away (because she lost the fight) and the angry moodlet to take hold. Yelled at my spouse, then smooth apology, completed aspiration.

I hope that helps you get Apologise to spouse while angry goal done........And as I live in Australia we spell apologise with an S not a Z....

Awesome, thanks! I'll try that when I get home. That was actually how I wanted to do it to start with, but Kaley had come home angry from work so I thought it would be a good opportunity to stage a fight. I don't like making my Simmies get mad at each other!
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tonlynski
Awesome, thanks! I'll try that when I get home. That was actually how I wanted to do it to start with, but Kaley had come home angry from work so I thought it would be a good opportunity to stage a fight. I don't like making my Simmies get mad at each other!

Your welcome...