Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 11:59 AM
Default Policy on donations to creators/modders
Can I have some clarification please on MTS policy towards creators accepting donations? For example, is there a different as far as MTS is concerned between a paypal link where people can make ad-hoc thank you gestures, and Patreon, which tends to encourage a subscription or pay-per-reward model? And what is the acceptable way for a creator to link to or make known their means of accepting donations?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 12:04 PM
You mean to have a link on mts? Is that possible?
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 1:02 PM
Well obviously MTS's policies will only cover what actually appears on their site. I was thinking of a) in body of download thread b) in sig, c) on profile etc etc. Just anything really that they might have a policy on regarding the whole range of gratuity systems.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 1:33 PM
In your signature is allowed, Inge
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 1:36 PM
Someone was saying the Patreon link was being deleted from their sig. Is Patreon different, or are their differing views among the staff here? I wonder if it might be a good idea to clear it up formally, with more modders apparently turning to such donation schemes.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 3:07 PM
I know who you mean - I meant to get back to him but forgot, thanks for the reminder. I can't see any reason why the Patreon link was removed so he's welcome to put it back. I've been hanging on to ask the mod who removed it but haven't seen them around lately, so when I get to talk to them some other issue might come up about that specific link or the content at the other end of it, but generally speaking Patreon links in signatures are fine.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 3:18 PM
Thank you