Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 12:42 AM
Default limit to job reward objects?
I have taken a knowledge sim through 6 career tracks legitimately, and she can't get her job reward object for the 6th line. Is there a limit to the number of job rewards a sim can have? Has anyone else run into this?
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 7:48 AM
This is definitely something I haven't seen anyone ask before. What career track are you stuck on? Have you made sure your Knowledge Sim has met all the qualifications for that job reward?
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 12:35 PM
The sim is on the military career track. She has maxxed skills and has reached the top of the career. She has like 15 friends. It's time for her to move on, but I wanted the object before she moved on. I'm baffled as to why she can't get the object.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 1:27 PM
Did she jump a bunch of levels all at once as she was already maxed out on skills? I've got an NPC that I moved into one of my houses, and although he's lots higher than his wife (she brought him home from work), he doesn't have the career reward and she does. I've been wondering if it's because he's a townie and they just can't get them, or because a certain number of promotions is required (naturally he didn't get promoted, he was already at that level). If your sim jumped levels and didn't get promoted enough, maybe that's why?
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 3:44 PM
Nope, she didn't jump any levels, she earned them all one by one, very frustratingly slow sometimes.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sagana
I've been wondering if it's because he's a townie and they just can't get them

Townies CAN get career rewards. I stole a surgical dummy off one with Merola's Mind Control Mirror.

Aha, I feel the power of the undead within me!
Now I must shun the sun and seek the night!
Bleh Bleh!
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 5:29 AM
I think I may have figured out my problem. I went back and counted my promotions. I saw on another website that if you get a job on the computer, it will start you at a level that matches the amount of skills you have. Since I started on level 6, I missed the job object. Lesson learned, no more computer applications lol. Thanks to everyone for your help on this one. If only I had learned to count before worrying.