Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 9:35 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 12th Apr 2017 at 4:26 PM.
Default Rguerra: Circadian Springs

Currently, I play mostly with Circadian Springs, a neighborhood I started in mid 2016, so don't strange some empty spaces in the image above, the town is still taking shape. It is played in a rotational style with some loose BaCC elements, being in it's 4th sim-year with it's recently elected 2nd mayor. The name of the town is based on the mysterious formation of hot springs in the town's west during just one day.

For now, I'm going to just introduce some details of the way I play it, in the next post I will to talk about the families and maybe give more details about other stuff after I define it better.

Tax System

Communitary Lots and Districts

Rotations and Random Events

Archtypes and Traits
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 9:43 PM
Love the heavily forested look and your planned out systems though I wonder where the springs are? Maybe the mayor could open a public hot springs park eh?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Love the heavily forested look and your planned out systems though I wonder where the springs are? Maybe the mayor could open a public hot springs park eh?

The springs are in the spa lot on the road to the bus terminal, in the west of the town. There's a family that own it (though they are buried in debts and will probably sell it, I will explain later).

But, yes, I think the mayor would put some public springs to make it more characteristic, as a park is already been planed. :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 9:58 PM
Ooooh, nice town! :lovestruc

I like the taxation system, and how community lots are built when the fund gets high enough.

I have a slightly different thing going on in Lacuna Delta, I have a philanthropic sim who runs a charity shop. Sims give him old furniture and crafted items to sell, and when he has enough money he will buy a community lot, decorate it nicely and give it to the community.
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 11:11 PM
Thank you for posting! Your hood looks quite beautiful, and sounds extremely well-organized! Thanks for telling me about the trait randomizer! I'm sure that your game is quite interesting!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 2:30 AM
I love the 'village in a forest' look and the way you've included a lot of BaCC rules. ROS sounds fun; I'll have to look at that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ooooh, nice town! :lovestruc

I like the taxation system, and how community lots are built when the fund gets high enough.

I have a slightly different thing going on in Lacuna Delta, I have a philanthropic sim who runs a charity shop. Sims give him old furniture and crafted items to sell, and when he has enough money he will buy a community lot, decorate it nicely and give it to the community.

Thank you.

The ideia building a communitary lot through a philathropic sim is also a good idea! If a a sim gets the Good trait and enough money, I would probably do something similar. I also though once about opening a pawn shop or flea market in the town, sending the unnecessary furniture from the households to there instead.

Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Thank you for posting! Your hood looks quite beautiful, and sounds extremely well-organized! Thanks for telling me about the trait randomizer! I'm sure that your game is quite interesting!

Thanks. I try to be the most organized as possible

Yes, the trait system is a excellent way to create round characters and storytelling. Besides the Seri's ones, I created another 36 traits to my game.

Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I love the 'village in a forest' look and the way you've included a lot of BaCC rules. ROS sounds fun; I'll have to look at that.

Thank you.
The ROS is very fun, mainly because of the surprise factor. My ROS is a custom one, but there's some that are avaliable to download, I like this one .
Link Ninja
#8 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:19 PM
Do you ever have pseudo-elections for your Mayors? Or job caps? Like can there only be one mayor at a time? One Captain hero, etc? Will the mayor ever retire and if they do do the funds they've been collecting for projects get transferred to the new mayor?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Do you ever have pseudo-elections for your Mayors? Or job caps? Like can there only be one mayor at a time? One Captain hero, etc? Will the mayor ever retire and if they do do the funds they've been collecting for projects get transferred to the new mayor?

I already thought about making "elections", but was I didn't have two sims who would suit the mayor role, for now it is just a ideia.

But, yes, the jobs are restricted. Some career tracks are limited, so there can be only one mayor, general, police chief, etc; while some careers require a college degree to advance after certain levels, like medicine, law and science. The education career will also requeire a degree in the future (it is, after the college is build), but not at the moment, as there's children and teenagers in the town in need of teachers.

For now, as most BaCC rulesets, the Mayor is a lifelong job, as the 2nd mayor only was "elected" because the 1st died. But, also yes, the tax funds are transfered to new mayor. Also, when this happens, the Town Hall is sold and the funds are transfered to the new mayor, so he can buy it for himself/herself (along with some "bonus" the later mayor made raising the "business" level).
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:03 PM
All the trees remind me of my town in Washington state, very pretty. Good luck w/ your BaCC, I know I wouldn't have the patience to stick w/ one if I tried.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 12th Apr 2017 at 9:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by priviel
All the trees remind me of my town in Washington state, very pretty. Good luck w/ your BaCC, I know I wouldn't have the patience to stick w/ one if I tried.

Thanks. Circadian Springs is supposed to be based in the Northwestern USA, in the Idaho state to be more specific, so I'm glad to know that I was able to create something that looks like the region. Especially considering that I didn't went to the USA yet.

The BaCC rules in my game are loose enough to don't make it overwhelming, I think would not stick it if I followed the rules strictly.
Theorist
#12 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:54 PM
You have a nice little hood.
BACC is my favorite challenge to play but I often turned them into integrated hoods afterwards.

I do taxes too but not as detailed as yours and it depends on what the town needs at the time. Tax funds are usually held by a random sim who lives on a 1x1 lot, has a prisoner tag, Monique's computer and the Visitor controller. I dislike that the mayor owns the city funds.
Mayors usually retire when they hit 70.
I also do the same with the university hood and community lots. I'm not interested in getting the other districts though.

Thanks for reminding me to redo my ROS and my traits system. Your archetype system sounds interesting too. I may give it a try.
I can't wait to read more about your hood.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:18 PM
@Rguerra From what you write your are extremely organized. Interesting reading. I do look froward to another installment.

I do wish someone would explain the BACC challenge. Not that I plan to do it, I am just very curious.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#14 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@Rguerra From what you write your are extremely organized. Interesting reading. I do look froward to another installment.

I do wish someone would explain the BACC challenge. Not that I plan to do it, I am just very curious.

The BaCC is the Build a City Challenge. The original rules are here: http://redmond-flats.weebly.com/ori...enge-rules.html, although the originator has changed them quite a few times and I think most players have 'bylaws' of their own. The basic idea is to start out with just one Sim and slowly build up a city, by inviting townies to move in and setting them up in their own homes; there are rules about when jobs become available (population size or other prerequisites) and about how many community lots you can have and when, etc. The original goal was a city with a nominal population of 50,000, but most people just play it as a game style now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st May 2017 at 1:24 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 26th Jul 2017 at 1:20 AM.
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Well, as there is a long time I don't post here, I decided to make a update about the families. I'm a little bit lazy to take constant pictures of my game, but I tried to describe the playable households (16 at the moment) the best way I can. I also would like to say that I like some weird/supernatural stuff in my game, but I try to make it ambigous/mysterious enough so it doesn't become too overwhelming.

So, those are the families/households:

1 - Jeffries-Dailly: The first family in rotation, it consist of Arianna Jeffries, adoptive daughter of Alyssia and Blake Jeffries, who is the current mayor of Circadian Springs and the aspiring musician Liam Dailly, son of Dave and Alvina Dailly and Arianna's on-and-off boyfriend. Arianna is a popularity-pleasure sim (that is, her archetype is The Jester) and she already achieved perma-platinum aspiration in her teens, her energetic persona was the asset that guaranteed her position as mayor. On the other hand, her loose way to deal with romantic relationships (let's say that she "gets around" easily) may treat her reputation and, considering she was knocked up by Liam and he shown the want to marry her, maybe it's the time to change some of those "youthful" behaviors.

2 - Jeffries: Alyssia Jeffries is the most lucky slacker (not related to the career) in the town. When Circadian Springs was in it's dawn, she was a traveler petty thief, until she start dating Matthew Darnell, the town's fisherman and settle down in his house. One night, Matthew died when, after fishing, she decided to rest lying in the grass while looking at the starts, the exact moment when a satellite fell from the sky in his direction. Because Matthew had no known relatives, Alyssia inherited his house and his seafood diner, The Twin Birches Diner. After that, she (being a romance sim) start dating several people, including the town's casanova Blake Hollsom, who ended up knowing her up around the time when she decided to adopt Arianna. Alyssia had a boy named John. When John became a child, Blake decided to live with Alyssia because of worries about creating his son and eventually Alyssia and Blake, even both being Romance sims, ended up married due to social pressure. When the kids reached adulthood, Alyssia sold the diner and did several reforms around the house. Nowdays, Alyssia is "retired" as and elder and Blake (also and elder) works as a gardener. John Jeffries not only still lives with his parents, but also invited his girfriend, Jean Nakahara (who is also pregnant of him) to live there. Jean works in the town hall and John, who found Matthew's old fishing rod, is learning the trade of a fisherman.

3 - Colthurst: Esmond Colthurst was the founder and first mayor of Circadian Spring, who passed way in the spring of the 4th sim-year. Now, the household is only inhabited by Fran Colthurst, Esmond's widow, local seamstress and owner of the Golden Needle boutique. Esmond and Fran have a daugther named Mabel, but she left the household to live with Mary Jo Colthurst in a more isolated area of the town, near the forest.

4 - Cerith: The Cerith family is a family of farmers, they are notable to own the only 10-star business in the town, the Fresh 'n' Green Grocery Store. While the oldest child of Joshua and Darcy Cerith (both deceased) Daria Winterstrom (neƩ Cerith) left the household and opened her own business, a toy store, Russell Cerith, the youngest child, followed the footsteps of his parents. He married Simone, daughter of the pet store owner Travis (the deceased Fran Colthurst's brother) and the retired writer and coffee shop owner Cybele Sharman (Cybele also lives with they, since she divorced from Travis). Simone deals with the platation and Russell manages the Grocery. They have a daughter named Harriet, who is nowdays a toddler, and they are expecting a second child. Both are family sims with plans to have six childrens. Russell also plans to open a market/fair near the town's church.

5 - Stonefield (I): The Stonefield family started with Jack and Danielle Stonefield, a young runaway couple how ended up in Circadian Springs after escaping from something in their trailer. Jack and Danielle had a daughter named Mary Jane and later Danielle was expecting another child, but passed away from hunger. When Mary Jane was a child, Jack married Zelda Bennett, a "hermit" sim who lived near the forest and has rumored (erroneous) to be witch, they had two children named Mary Jo and Buck. Zelda passed away from old age when Mary Jo was a teen and Buck was a child. Then, things started to get weird. Certain day, the genie lamp was left at the door of Esmond Colthurst, who, after seeing in the church cemitery what he said to be the ghost of Danielle Stonefield, wish her to came back to life. She returned to Stonefield household, but found out that the land where they parked their trailer already had a owner and they are there ilegally, but, since the owner of the land found that the Stonefield family living there would be profitable, they turned the place into a trailer park and started to charge rent from the family. Danielle pregnancy was still developing and she gave birth to Jack's sons, named Frank and Butch. The family then split into several trailers in the park, with Danielle, Jack, Frank and Butch inhabitating the "main" one. However, due to Jack already been an elder, he passed away when the boys became children. Nowdays, Danielle live with Frank and Butch (now both teens) and a baby boy from an one night stand. They are very short of money and are probably the poorest family in the town.

6 - Thornburn: The eldest child of the Stonefields, Mary Jane, fell in love with Benjamin Thorburn and, after marrying him, she moved to another trailer in the park mentioned above. Due to some contrived coincidence, she had twins like her mother, a boy named Terry and a girl named Becky. Mary Jane Thorburn works as a cashier in the Funtasy Toys, the store owned by his childhood best friend Daria Winterstrom, while Benjamin is a stay-at-home dad.

7 - Stonefield (II): Buck Stonefield, son of Jack and Zelda Stonefield, moved to his own trailer in his teenhood. Nowdays he works as a journalist writing a sports column and intends to create a Newspaper Building in the town when he has enough money. He is dating Henry Lockwood, one of the local firefighters.

8 - Sharman: The main reason why Cybele and Travis Sharman marriage fell apart was due to an afair of Travis named Delaney Bellamy, the town's Elementary School Teacher, which he married after the divorce. Although, Travis never had a chance to enjoy the married life with her, since he died of old age almost right after the honeymoon. Nowdays, Delaney Sharman lives alone, she is now an elder and never had children (and it seems she never wanted too).

9 - Winterstrom: When the oldest child of the Cerithes moved out to open her own toy store, she meet a neighbor in the apartment building named Deimos Winterstrom (the sim in my avatar) and fell in love with him, which choose her over Sheona Coren, his roomate who he also was in love. Deimos is in the culinary career and wishes to buy the Twin Birches diner, but it seems a distant dream for now. Deimos and Daria had twins TWICE, all of them are boys, their names are Dustin, Seth, Earl and Wes.

10 - Romasanta-Coren: Yolanda Romasanta and Sheona Coren are roomates, Yolanda is a industrial music producer and owner of the only nightclub in the town, The Black Cat Club, while Sheona is a Sous Chef and owner of the Slice of Life Bakery. Nowdays, they both are adults bordering the elder life stage. Yolanda doesn't show many interests in a romantic life, but she is now dating Dale Newland, while Sheona, after a life of serial dates typical of a Pleasure Sim, rolled a want to marry a townie named Delroy Bateson.

11 - Newland: The Newlands came to the town after Esmond Colthurst proposal of raise the tourism building a spa around the known hot springs in the forest, this and their want for a extravagant house generated a huge debt to them. Devyn Newland, the head of the family, is massause and SPA manager, rumors says that he runed away from his family of executives to travel the world learning massagge technics. He was a sort of open marriage with Sonia, a wannabe socialite. Both Devyn and Sonia are bordering the elderhood and Devyn is thinking if he would sell the spa to pay the debts or keep it. They have a biological daughter named Elaine, who is a very talented painter and works as a street caricaturist and also a adopted son named Dale, which they found abandoned in the forest right before moving to Circadian Springs, Dale has eyes that are completely black for some reason and the older inhabitans usually say that he looks like Matthew Darnell, the deceased fisherman. Dale was interests in archeology and is trying to get into the Adventurer career.

12 - Dailly: Dave ended up knocking up Alvina when they are teenagers, which caused a forced marriage. They eventually moved from their home town to avoid the social pressure and settled down in Circadian Springs with their son Liam, who moved out in the adulthood. Alvina ended up as the local High School teacher while Dave became a DJ in the Black Cat Club. They had other two children, a boy named Leonard and a girl named Elizabeth. Dave, a romance sim, is said to not be so faithful to his marriage.

13 - The Fire Station: The town counts with three fireman named Harlow Underhill, Henry Lockwood and Christian Gavras, the the two last one being former townies. Harlow is know to be a little bit crazy, always sleeping in a tent in the roof while talking to his plants and also be very uneasy around people, which gave him some bad reputation. Henry Underhill is a Romance-Family sim (The Commitment Delayer archetype), divided between his romantic desires and his traditional values. Chris is only in it for the money and the glory.

14 - Colthurst-Stonefield: Mary Jo Stonefield was always fascinated with the false rumors of his mother being a witch and, after meeting the town's evil witch, Dagmar, she became one, though going to the more neutral path of the witchcraft. She was a childhood friend of Mabel Colthurst and ended up falling in love with her, they married and moved to a timber cabin in the most isolated part of the town, near the forest. Mabel was the same sort of fascination with the supernatural, she even claim to have been abducted by aliens once. Mary Jo opened a occultism store in town and rumors have raised since she mysteriously appeared pregnant, almost at the sime time her wife claims to have been abducted.

15 - Accorsi-Foster: Joel Accorsi is the cashier of the Golden Needle boutique, ex-townie and ex-boyfriend of Yolanda Romasanta, they broke up because when they start arguing after Yolanda spending most of the time at work, time when Joel moved from her apartment and rented the last vacant trailer in Pomogranate Trailer Park (where the Stonefield-Thorburn family lives). She started dating the townie Caryn Foster, who moved in to the trailer as well. She rolled the want to marry him and proposed during a breakfast in certain summer day. Joel once shared the trailer with Kent Jones, but they aren't living well together, Joel became enimies with him and even with Buck Stonefield, who tried to stop one of their fights.

16 - Jones: Kent Jones is an ex-fireman, he was fired after getting late to work too many times (which seems fit, considering he has the Heavy Sleeper trait). After that, life was a little thouggh with him. He shared a trailer with Joel Accorsi, but Joel hated Kent for no apparent reason and the woman he loves, Jean Nakahara, refused his engagement proposal. Things started to change once Arianna Jeffries offered him a position as an intern in the Town Hall, then Kent got a loan and moved from the trailer to his own house and was promoted in the politics career until becoming a member of the Town Council. She was shown some interest in apiculture.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:13 PM
I love the look of your hood, and the detailed system for the town. I really enjoyed reading the stories of your households.