Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Galit123 : 3rd Feb 2018 at 1:46 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Megahood: All families from 3 neighbourhoods disappeared, Hoodchecker says all is fine
EDIT
I can't seem to have permission to delete threads, so please consider this thread closed/solved!
I got lost trying to solve this, then I had a break from PC (and the sims), so I forgot what I did there.
I wish I could leave a solution for future simmers who encounter this problem. All I can offer was my solution- I simply started a new Megahood.
Thank you!

Details:I made a Megahood 3 years ago, and today have decided to play it after a year I haven't touched it.
My Megahood has the following neighbourhoods, The affected ones are marked in italic:
Pleasantview
Strangetown
Veronaville
Riverblossom Hills (-The main neighbourhood)
Desiderata Valley
Belladonna Cove
Académie Le Tour
also, I noticed that all strays+adoptees have vanished too.

The houses are all there, but the whole neighbourhood is empty. Checking the photo albums shows me I had a full Megahood, so it's not possible I might have installed empty templates and forgot.
The first thing I did was check with Mootilda's HoodChecker, and to my surprise, my Megahood is clean, except for 1 error: "Subject does not exist: 0x0013 Jason Greenman: [Invisible] Gossip about 0x002B Prudence Crumplebottom: Became PlantSim (Subject: SimID=0x126E7D4A)"
What is interesting, is that all gravestones in all the affected neighbourhoods are intact. so Prudence Crumplebottom does exist in game.
My game is very 'clean'; I don't have many mods/CC, and I know all about hood corruption so I am prepared and know every sign.
I can check with SimPE for more info, but I'm not sure if I should. I haven't used SimPE in a long time and it always was a bit complicated for me.

Is this possible, that so many sims have vanished and my game has not crashed upon loading, didn't spam me with object error dialogs, all is completely normal? I test-played it for 4 hours now (was fun), no crash, even the townies don't have any memories.
and the other question is, should I keep playing, or delete it all together and create a new Megahood? maybe should I "stress check" it, by moving new families into the now-empty houses, and see what happens? What are your opinions?
Did anyone had this happen in their game? this is the weirdest case of corruption I had.
Thanks everyone who have read this. I hope I explained clearly!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 11:41 PM
Are all the files still there in the Characters folder?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.