Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2017 at 6:18 PM
Default Posting on MTS
I don't know where I'd ask this question.
I'm learning how to make radio stations for TS3 containing the station music from TS1 and 2.
Would I be able to post the finished files on MTS? If not, would I be allowed to make a post with download links from elsewhere?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2017 at 6:34 PM
I think so. It would be considered a form of piracy if you shared game content with those who do not own it, but I don't think that same argument could be made for game soundtracks. They're also on YouTube, after all.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I think so. It would be considered a form of piracy if you shared game content with those who do not own it, but I don't think that same argument could be made for game soundtracks. They're also on YouTube, after all.

Yeah, this is why I'm asking.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd May 2017 at 8:45 PM
And I think that's what you should consider, game soundtracks aren't like game content. If you take actual objects from the game and upload them here, that's piracy. But this is just music, and anyone can listen to it at any time on YouTube. So why can't you upload it here?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:47 AM
We actually have a forum for questions like these: http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=492

However, hmm... I mean we're totally fine with ts2 to any other sim game conversions. (Just not life stories, pets stories, castaway, etc.) So I think music, if you ripped itfrom the game, would be fine too.

Sounds like a pretty interesting project by the way! ^-^