Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Game and bodyshop crash with elder male outfit
I have this problem, in bodyshop, cas and in game.
In bodyshop and cas it happens when I browse through the elder male full body outfits. At one point it crashes before letting me see which outfit is the problem.
It's an outfit that comes after the emturtelneckslacks outfit in bodyshop and cas. It's weird because it's maxis, I deleted the uhkjhihjkj (11) packages, which are known to cause this problem, but the crash still happens!
In game it crashes when an adult sim ages up into an elder. I tried both with and without the cake, and I don't think the cc is the problem, but that maxis outfit.
EDIT: I have all eps up to Seasons and no sps btw
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:37 PM
Try to also delete the cache files (accessory/groups/cigen/contentregistry). They tend to cause troubles, because even when you delete a CAS item, the cache files kind of makes the item linger on.

If that's not the problem, it's possible you have either a mod or a default replacement that conflicts with this particular outfit.

Have you tried moving out your CC, deleting the cache files, and then running the game? If the game works fine, there's something else in your downloads causing problems.
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:39 PM
you might move all custom content to out of game then run game. afterward restore the content in groups at a time; running game in between.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Try to also delete the cache files (accessory/groups/cigen/contentregistry). They tend to cause troubles, because even when you delete a CAS item, the cache files kind of makes the item linger on.

If that's not the problem, it's possible you have either a mod or a default replacement that conflicts with this particular outfit.

Have you tried moving out your CC, deleting the cache files, and then running the game? If the game works fine, there's something else in your downloads causing problems.

I delete the cache files everytime, but I'll try to move the Download folder now
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:51 PM
^Also known as the 50/50 method. It's described in full in the help section.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^Also known as the 50/50 method. It's described in full in the help section.

Update: it worked deleting a certain subfolder! Now I'll try the 50/50 metod with it!