Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default secret society
The Sim is "abducted" as usual, and the limo picks them up; but when it gets to the SS lot, the limo shows up WITH NO ONE IN IT, and the Live Mode disabled. All I can do is return to the lot, where the "abductee" will be returning - via the limo, now with a driver. Most (all?) of the SS members have become playable, and I do NOT have "no respawn". There is no error log of this. HOWEVER, if I have Testing Cleats on I get LOTS of "errors" - about almost everything on the dorm lot (Sims, objects), "clearing" them does not fix.
ALSO: for those who already are SS members, there is no choice to GO THERE(via phone transportation).
Sounds like the SS lot is glitched, but this university is the ONLY one attached to this hood, and the SS lot was not made or altered by me.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 5:51 AM
Is this by any chance my Land Grant University? I know at least one other person having trouble with the Secret Society lot there. A different problem, and she's the only one reporting it; but if you're having trouble to I'll have to see if it's a side effect of anything I did.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:34 AM
YES! But it worked fine for awhile - it was only after most of the members had moved into the frat houses that I had problems. CORRECTION: members CAN call on phone for transportation to the SS; limo shows up, but result is same (sort of). Instead of the next scene being the limo pulling up at the SS, the scene is the SS, with no live mode. Only option is to leave; that causes scene of the member's lot, with the limo dropping him off. He's not a SS member.

I just love your Sims, and have paired them up, and awaiting the BABIES

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:49 PM
Available dormies will automatically be made members and show at the SS when your sim visits it, when there are less members left than your maximum lot visitors number is.

The SS stuck in buy mode is an issue I had some time ago, I solved it by visiting the lot in build mode, and looking for an object stuck "in use". I found one, a dining chair I think it was, or the table. I deleted and replaced the stuck piece of furniture thanks to the moveobjects cheat, and that fixed it.
(To visit the lot in build mode, I used the loadlot cheat.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 7:56 PM
Lili: "stuck in buy mode" -- is that what my game is doing? what is the loadlot cheat? "boolprop..etc"? and it will make the hidden lot appear, and be workable?

Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 8:01 PM
Since it did work for awhile, opening the lot in build mode would be the next thing to try. The loadlot cheat is described under "Neighborhood Cheats" here.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:Sims_2_Cheats
Remember that the name of the lot is "Secret Society Shh!" (Or is it Shhh? Keep trying till you get the right number of h's. I don't remember!)

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 8:10 PM
When it happened to me, I assume some SS members were sitting at the table, eating, or doing homework, and when my playable left the lot, the furniture glitched and remained in use for some reason. It's one of the maxis Secret Societies, in a premade neighbourhood, by the way.
I don't know why but what matters is that it's an easy fix if, hopefully, it's the same glitch you're dealing with.

I'm not sure whether the debug mode is needed for that loadlot cheat, because my game is always in debug mode. Peni provided a helpful link, and there have been discussions about it here too, for instance:
http://modthesims.info/t/478460

It won't make invisible lots visible, it won't change anything about them, it will just take you there, but in build mode, as it would if it was visible and you clicked on it from the neighbourhood screen. It will be the same as when you open a community lot to change the wallpapers for instance.

Once you are in buy/build mode in the Secret Society, move your mouse cursor over everything, hopefully the place is not too big. Look for something that can't be grabbed with the Hand tool, and if you try it will say "can't pick up object in use", I think that's the wording.
If you find something like that, use moveobjects to delete it, replace it if needed, save and exit to neighbourhood.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 9:27 PM
Lili: thanks, I will try first as a regular hood "boolprop etc", and save etc. Peni refers to HAVEING to have the basic cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in your start-up list (which I hope not to have to do). There is also a reference to it NOT saving without changing the lot type - which (for me) does not always work right.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 10:07 PM
That's where the loadlot cheat is handy, you don't have to mess with lot zoning, the lot is and remains zoned as secret society.

Another way to visit the lot without a playable sim is by unhiding the lot using SimPE, but that's way more complicated than using the loadlot cheat.
(Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true is the debug mode, by the way. Just much shorter to type.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 11:48 PM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Sep 2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: PS
Ok so added that basic cheat to the load-up cheats. Entered:loadlot "secret society Shhh!" and got loading lot screen - but then went back to the hood (also tried on occupied lot, and it went back to the lot). BUT the correct cheat is: "secret society! Shhh!" -AND THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER! But worse:
I realized I have a cheat that allows building when a sim visits a community lot; so when sims COULD go there I could change things (even build). So when a sim tries to go there via "transportation", and the lot load without the sim, it is STILL BUILDABLE. So I could check things as Lili suggested; I didn't find anything "in use". But worse:
I discovered 2 graves in the yard!
And sims can still not join the Secret Society.
PS I also see there is no mailbox - is that normal?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 12:16 AM
The cowplant must've eaten someone. This gets more complicated by the minute.

And at the moment I have Swiss Cheese Brain and no idea at all whether there's a mailbox on there or not. It should have either a mailbox or a public phone - something has to mark the portal. If the portal's been deleted, that would explain your problem.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 2:47 AM
"portal deleted" ? I placed a replacement mailbox(only can ASSUME it acts as a portal). I raised the dead via calling the reaper on another lot. I went back to lot & found lots of "can't delete" PLANTS, but probably just because of weeds; I got rid of them. Tried re-inter via limo - Nope.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 10:58 AM
The maxis Secret Societies don't have a mailbox, they have a rubbish bin though.
Since yours is a custom made Society, it may be different. My custom SS has a mailbox, because it started as a residential lot, and I didn't feel the need to remove it after it became a SS.

You can always access buy mode, on any lot, simply with the uni cheat: boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false
But I didn't want to use it to fix my issue, because I didn't want to save with the empty limo, lights blazing, on the road.

What do you mean exactly by "sims can not join the Secret Society"? The limo issue, or does the abduction just not happen at all?

Also, at this point, you could create a new Secret Society, either a dummy one for testing purposes, or even a real new one, and give up on the glitched one. There are some ready made in the lot catalog, after all. I haven't played with creating SS's in a while, but if memory serves, you will have the choice of which one you want to visit when you call for the limo.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 6:27 PM Last edited by grammapat : 26th Sep 2017 at 6:29 PM. Reason: and more...
Sims can't join SS because of glitch; they get "arrested", but never arrive. As for creating a new one, I have read that having TWO in one hood causes it's OWN glitches! And when a sim gets "arrested" ...would you have a choice of which one they go to?

And also plus, Peni says they must have a phone or mail (for a portal)....?