Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:20 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:45 PM.
Default CAW Plants Cheat Sheet (Pic Heavy!)
Attached are pictures of all of the plants available in CAW, with labels. The labels reflect those used in CAW, in the Trees dropdown (with the exception of the Creepy Tree and Stump, found in Game Objects). There are duplicates of many of the trees in Game Objects... dunno why, but I always use the ones in Trees cos they're easier to find.

I mainly made this for myself, as I'm sick of scrolling aimlessly through the plants in CAW knowing that I want to find a particular one, but forgetting what it's called, or whether it's inexplicably at the bottom of the list, or if it matches another one but is called something different (like the Monterey and Chinese cypresses). So this should function as a quick reference.

I -think- this is all the plants... it's certainly all of them in Trees, but if I missed any from Game Objects, let me know and I'll add them.

All the plants have different sizes they come in... the sizes shown are simply the first one it gave me when I placed them, not the average or most typical size you'll get. It's just so you can find the right one in the list.

This is everything from all EPs/SPs/etc. up to this point. CAW doesn't tell me what came with what so it's not labelled. Oh well. If more plants are added with more EPs/SPs, I'll have to update this (or someone else can do it).
Advertisement
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM
Default Trees
Evergreens:

Evergreens:

Cypresses:

Colourful/Flowering:

Deciduous:

Deciduous:

Palms:

Etc:

Swampy:

Bamboo:

Burned:

Objects:

retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:35 PM
Default Plants
Flowers:

Flowering Bushes:

Greenery:

Hedges:

Shrubs:

Ground Cover:

Grasses:

Swamp Rushes:

Water Lilies:

Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 11:31 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. I've been meaning to do something similar, but never found the time.

Great resource!

P.S.;
I miss the glove man avatar!

I would find myself watching him in some strange hypnotized state
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 10:27 PM
I was becoming tiresome of going through each tree trying to find the most appropriate one!
This is a fantastic reference thread! Thank you sooo so much! :lovestruc
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 7:21 AM
Thank you HP for posting these. Even though I know where to find the plants in CAW, I did not know all the names in english, so this is a big help when I try to explain something to somebody else xD
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:47 PM
I've found HP's list very handy. This list of plants and trees is nearly done, and it's a bit of a communal upgrade - if you find yourself using it, feel free to help keep it up-to-date. I'm adding the metadata for Pets and SHT stuff today.

I'm considering porting it all over to the MTS wiki as well, but I'd have to rejig the templates because the visual styles of the two wikis are, er, incompatible. (I'm basically like a child with crayons when it comes to colours). I realise the scroll formatting might not be ideal - I'm giving some thought to that, but my skills with wiki tables are fairly limited (my dyscalculia often gives me an "EVERYTHING IS EXPLODING AROUND ME OH GOD OH GOD" feeling when doing highly formulaic things like sight-reading music, hex-editing, or wiki-editing).

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 7:12 PM
I wish I'd realized you were working on a plant list. I've got a wiki page that has all of the caw plants and metadata up through Ambitions, with some of the Pets as well. I don't have Pets, but Armiel sent me the images, so I added them, I just don't have the names for them. If there's anything there you can use, feel free to do so.

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
Retired
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:41 PM
Thanks JadedSidhe. Likewise, anything on Pasimfic Wiki is always free game for porting over to here. I'd be putting it all on MTS wiki myself if I didn't need the user-friendliness of Wikia + if I didn't want a slightly different kind of site (for example I wouldn't want to clutter MTS wiki with pages about players' worlds).

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 6:28 PM
This is super helpful. Perhaps, now with Seasons out, we can start combining a list of which trees are compatible (as noted here, not all trees are) with weather, or perhaps notating how they respond to weather.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."