Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#376 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:27 AM
Oh whoops I totally forgot to mention the small shed (maybe utility closet is a better word?) type room at the front of my build. There's a gate-like door for the entrance.
I was so swept up in describing all the other areas that I forgot that one
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#377 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:35 AM
Phew! And that's okay petro, I am just glad I didn't stuff anything up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#378 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:10 PM
Here is something that may help, Jo
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#379 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:21 PM
Looks tasty. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#380 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:13 PM
Just letting everyone know I'm currently hospitalised and don't know when I'll come back home (it looks like it could be over a week, though), so I'm not sure if I'll finish this round on time.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#381 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:31 PM
Holy cheese! A week?
Just Petro needs to make some special medicinal drinks just for you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#382 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:45 PM
@Yvelotic2001 - that sounds far from pleasant. Get well soon! Make the best of it, though, and do as little as possible while you have the chance. I do have some cocktails for you to try - if the first one does not work, try the next one - and the next one - and so on
Screenshots
Space Pony
#383 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Looks tasty. :D

While reading from my phone past day I missread this 3 times in a row. I read "Looks nasty." I seriously tried to figure out why the drinks would be nasty, untill I finally read it right :D

Thanks for the scores and congratz to simsample!! *offers fanta with ice*

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#384 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:41 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Jul 2018 at 6:51 AM.
Lol, I have done similar things before, reading something completely wrong.

Scores posted back a page now in case people are not aware. I will try and link later.

Edit: Table on the first page updated.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#385 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Simoleon37 : 16th Jul 2018 at 3:40 PM.
Default Round Three: The Smiths Make Their Home at 1 Tesla Court
Hi all! I edited this post so my pictures are (hopefully) better. I also attached them below. I apologize if they vary a bit in size, I had to resize and crop some of these images a bit in order for them to be under the 800kb size limit. Sometimes, too, there are dark lines and shapes across the floors, which I'm assuming is due to the fact that I use an integrated graphics card. Sorry about that, but there's nothing I can do to fix it. Anyway, enough chit-chat, let's get to the lot!

This is the finished product. I went for a Spanish colonial vibe because I thought it would look really nice on this house; I couldn't figure out what else to do with such a monster! The shutters are, of course, green. I imagine they were brown or white previously, but when Jenny moved in she insisted on painting them.

I love everyone's creations for this round, good job all
Mad Poster
#386 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:07 PM
Your toilets are blocking access to the bathtub faucets and your sims won't be able to use their tubs. Turning the tubs around to face the other way should fix it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#387 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:24 AM
@Simoleon37 Can you please post larger floor plans. If this is the largest you can take, get in closer and do a left and right shots, thanks. (do not remove the overall shots)

~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#388 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Your toilets are blocking access to the bathtub faucets and your sims won't be able to use their tubs. Turning the tubs around to face the other way should fix it.

The very reason why I disslike bathtubs so much I always forget what direction they should be on and the corner showers... :/

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#389 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:41 AM
Tip: Check the taps, don't put the tap end right next to a toilet. What trips me up are those corner showers.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#390 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:21 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 16th Jul 2018 at 9:06 AM.
Jo's Comments

One thing that stands out about this round is how different the houses all look and most times I had to check the foundations because I could hardly believe it was the same Curious house.

Please read: Photos. Quite a few of you are missing the photo rules and while there has been no deduction for this in the first two rounds there will be from round 3 on.

Size- Please make sure your pictures are at the smallest 800 by 600. This however is still rather small. Images on MTS can be up to 2560x1440 pixels which allow us all to enjoy your creations and lets the judges...well judge.

Attached- Please attach your pictures, so they show up and can be clicked through. Use of spoilers to divide the pictures up has been great, but often they show up too small under the spoilers making it really hard on the judges. Attached pictures show up larger.

Collages - or two or more pictures stuck together. Not allowed, sorry.

Floor plans. You may take as many of these as you want! Apart from the overall shots feel free to take floor plan shots of each room if you want to. In a large house, like the Beaker's, a left and a right floor plan shot may be needed.

Enlarging pictures- please don't take a small picture and blow it up, that just makes it blurry.

From round 3 on a .5 deduction will be given for pictures that are too small, not attached, more than allowed on walk around pictures (12 is the limit except for the Beaker house which may have 15) or pictures collaged together.

If you need help with getting the pictures right please feel free to ask myself or a judge. If you don't want to post on the thread you may pm me directly and I will be more than glad to help.

@Yvelotic2001 So modern! I love the glass at the front, the rugs and geometric shapes in the architecture. I hope you realized you could have as many bedrooms as you wanted?

@NatteryakToad I love Bucks chalk drawings on the roof-or I assume they are his. Hopefully his dad doesn’t see and make him scrub them off with a toothbrush! I like the boy's bedrooms.

@Muridae Love the outside military look and the boy's assault course! I like how you thought of all of their wants. Why are you needing the roof angle cheat? Do you not have M&G?

@Simoleon37 I like your colours. I didn’t know that Lola was a serious politician, I like that you found something else about her. I’m not sure as romance sim she would be too keen on her single bed though.

@Kukamuukaanmuka Wow, first impression is it reminds me of someplace like the Amazon jungle, not sure what it is meant to remind the Smiths of- PT’s home planet? I love it. Also love the dolphins that Jill can see from inside her bedroom.

@Modder Love the outside it’s creative with the tower and curved roof. Good spotting on the environment interest. I like Erin’s ‘space’

@Quycksylver Wow PT really got his lawn, bet his water bill will be through the roof! I like the holiday/vacation vibe.

@Motheringthesims Good use of terrain paint and some nice furniture choices. Can the toilet be used on the diagonal? I know bathtubs can, but I am not sure about toilets. One of your bathroom pictures is showing up twice.

@Randomlyyellstuff I like your garden and how you added cactus in the bare squares. Labs are great too.

@Flickstar Great looking military build, I am sure the general will be happy there. Very creative with the navy rings down as part of the obstacle course. I like the inside colour scheme too.

@Emerald1234 I like how you placed Jill’s room on one side and didn’t automatically match it on the other side so you had a more interesting layout. Your pictures are still a little too small, are you using a screenshot program? If you need help with those please feel free to ask. You can pm me directly if you prefer.

@Marleen267 I like the outside shapes and colours, very modern looking. Some nice décor inside.

@Simsample First thought was wow, Loki has himself a giant science lab! I’m sure he will never leave the house now. I also like in an odd way that it has retained a hint of the previous Occupants. Even though it is very Beaker it still feels somewhat Curious. Not sure if that was intentional or not, just a vibe I get. Love all the science stuff- Poor cat though!

@Aysarth Ingenious idea for PT’s lawn! Love the outside.

@Mordant17 PT’s lawns really remind me of putting greens, some golf accessories would have really gone there. I am guessing Jenny really hates dust? -No dirt outside at all. All very nice and works together well.

Everyone, please take note of what I said about photos, I really don't want to be deducting points.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#391 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Simoleon37 Can you please post larger floor plans. If this is the largest you can take, get in closer and do a left and right shots, thanks. (do not remove the overall shots)

Sorry about that, Jo! I'll take some new pictures in the morning and fix everything that's wrong with my post! Thanks for letting me know
Test Subject
#392 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965

Oh gosh, thanks for letting me know! I always think I put my bathtub in the right place but it turns out to be wrong lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#393 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 6:09 AM
I think its because they are not attached @Simoleon37

Tomorrow I will try and get the table all updated with everyone's entries then add one day before closing the round.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#394 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:43 PM
Alright Jo, I think I fixed everything! I included the screenshots in my post and attached them. I'm assuming that's what we're supposed to do but please let me know if it isn't. I hope you're feeling better

Phew, this was a tough round though! I could use a Fanta or something.
Mad Poster
#395 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:22 PM
@Simoleon37 Have something No Fanta, guess who drank it all.....
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#396 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 12:51 AM Last edited by motheringthesims : 17th Jul 2018 at 12:53 AM. Reason: removed quote
Default Round Two : Beakers at 2 Cover Up Road
Thanks Jo for comments! The picture I don't know how I missed that double shot. It should have been the other side of the bathroom showing the diagonal toilet. That toilet is fully usable. It was created by Bitzybus and part of the Pentago Bathroom Set. I also use it in round 3 just a different color.
Space Pony
#397 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:50 AM
@Justpetro, eh.. sorry here is restock arriving:

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#398 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:15 AM
Are these the only 5 entries in for round 3? Simoleon37,quycksylver,motheringthesims,simsample and Aysarth. (if your pictures are not attached can you please edit and do that)

I will give 2 days for more entries since this is the largest lot in the contest.
Calling @Yvelotic2001 @NatteryakToad @muridae @Kukamuukaanmuka @Modder
@randomlyyellstuff @Flickstar @Emerald1234 @Marleen267 @Mordant17

if I missed your entry let me know and I will add you straight away.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#399 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:47 AM
In the meantime, does anybody want a Fanta? Help yourself
Instructor
#400 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:27 PM
@joandsarah77
I'm in the hospital, I can't build.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!

Page 16 of 25