Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sidheed
Hmm I have nevre done the butt ugly to best looking,

I always try to chose an heir based on which sims looks the most like the founder.... I even take screen shots of the founder in CAS as both a male and a female... just to cover all bases. But usually my heirs are female. I prefer playing them. The clothing options for the males are usually so limited.

One feature I loved about the Sims 2 was the ability to paint still life snapshots at a high enough skill level. I would paint a portrait of each legacy family member when they just hit adulthood, then hang the paintings down a hallway showing the progression from hideous to hot.

I'm pretty sure I saw the option to paint a still life in the sims 3, although I didn't try it. I sure hope that feature is in.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM
I really love that idea of starting with an ugly Sim and working out of it. I figure it would be a whole lot easier for me to make an ugly Sim than a nice looking one so that might be something to consider.

One time in TS2 I had a Legacy neighborhood, one family was nice looking and the other very homely. I was keeping all of the nice looking NPCs married off to the nice looking family and vice versa. Then (and this was the only time I ever encountered this) the trollish looking founder wife from the ugly family was pregnant, got out of bed and dropped dead. It was just that freakish thing that I know a lot of other people experienced because while her motives were getting a bit low, her hunger meter was barely below half. I've always been great at taking care of the pregnant moms, always checking their motives when they sleep to make sure they're in good shape. That was just weird, although fortunately I had heard of it before or I would have been scarred for life.
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I really love that idea of starting with an ugly Sim and working out of it. I figure it would be a whole lot easier for me to make an ugly Sim than a nice looking one so that might be something to consider.

One time in TS2 I had a Legacy neighborhood, one family was nice looking and the other very homely. I was keeping all of the nice looking NPCs married off to the nice looking family and vice versa. Then (and this was the only time I ever encountered this) the trollish looking founder wife from the ugly family was pregnant, got out of bed and dropped dead. It was just that freakish thing that I know a lot of other people experienced because while her motives were getting a bit low, her hunger meter was barely below half. I've always been great at taking care of the pregnant moms, always checking their motives when they sleep to make sure they're in good shape. That was just weird, although fortunately I had heard of it before or I would have been scarred for life.

That's a double homicide!
Instructor
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:27 AM
Oh Misty.. That is so bad. You murdered a pregnant sim.........even I never did that. Well actually I did, but I resurrected them pretty quickly.
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:28 AM
My main problem with Legacy challenge in Sims 2 was some of the specific rules. Some of them were just unimmersive. Like trying to get Sims to die certain ways to have all the coloured ghosts. I like to let things progress dynamically.

But, on a basic level, that's how I'll be playing one of my two starter families, except I'll be starting with a 3-person family instead of one. I want to start with my 'founder' as a kid, (as that's what I was playing him as in a roleplaying game which I'm taking him from), which of course requires parents. Both parents, to fit his backstory. Anyway, I'll have one heir in each generation and branch the other kids out to let Story Progression take care of them.
Theorist
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:38 AM
Quote:
That is so bad. You murdered a pregnant sim

Oh, no! I didn't murder her! She just got out of bed to get breakfast and dropped dead on the bedroom floor. Like I said, I always kept a very close eye on my pregnant Sims to make sure nothing bad happened to them. The only time I ever intentionally let a Sim die was in my first Legacy family and that was more just to explore the different types of death. I never managed to let one go long enough to die of disease--I couldn't stand watching them suffer. My favorite death, though, was the one that was scared to death by the ghost. That one didn't really involve any suffering, so I didn't mind too much. I only did it once, though, because I hate killing something so much like a human being.

Quote:
My main problem with Legacy challenge in Sims 2 was some of the specific rules.

I loved the base game Legacy challenge, but with every expansion pack things just got more and more complicated to the point where I couldn't even play it by the rules anymore.
Page 2 of 2