Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:00 PM
No I'm not holding off, it may sound desperate but my parents already gave me the money for the game! Soooo yeah I'm just waiting until Tuesday. I uninstalled The Sims 2 from my laptop like two weeks ago and now it's in a box under my PC (where it'll probably be for the rest of eternity).

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:11 PM
I've already pre-ordered it off Amazon.
It's only £30 quid, well I paid £26 as my other half has staff discount.
So if it's crap I haven't wasted much money and I know I'll love it anyway because I'm a sim freak.
Have been since I was 14 am now 20!
There are a lot of things about TS3 that appeal; moodlets, other sims growing and doing their life the way they want.
Good for doing those alphabet legacy hood when I can't be arsed to play one family and get them to the same age.
Test Subject
#153 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:38 PM
I'll get it, and I'll try it, and I've got a new pc in preparation (the old one died at just the right time!), BUT...I must confess, what I have seen of it so far via the website...I'm not sure it's going to do it for me. It looks too cartoonish and ever-so-slightly repellent (to me, any how), and if the SimSocial is anything to go by, will be a bit tricky to play, in its own way. Am loving the thought of being able to customise anything, but it's still the same old eaxis stuff at the end of the day...I'll keep an open mind though.
However, all that hasn't stopped me bending hubby's ear about it...poor thing runs a game shop. I'm looking forward to TS3's release, but I won't be abandoning my TS2 babies just yet, if at all.
Sim Princess in Pink
#154 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:00 PM
I was going to hold off because I honestly thought I wouldn't get my computer upgraded in time, until yesterday when I totally boosted it to what it needs . I wasn't looking forward to it before but I am now, and have pre-ordered a copy...I'm just jelous America get the game 3 days before us lol.

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Field Researcher
#155 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:20 PM
From what I am reading, I am growing more and more skeptical. If my mom grabs it, I'll ninja it and a no-CD EXE like I usually do and just buy a copy later with expansions. Maybe this time we'll remember who has what (We have like, two universities, three Nightlifes because my sister lost a CD key to one and the other was gone for a while)
Mad Poster
#156 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:23 PM
I played it over at friends house just before. Let's put it this way. I had way more fun with sims2 base game then with this. I am defiantly not buying it until 1st EP.
Instructor
#157 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
I played it over at friends house just before. Let's put it this way. I had way more fun with sims2 base game then with this. I am defiantly not buying it until 1st EP.

I'm guessing you were playing an "unofficial" copy of the game? (Which by the way is naughty and punishable by public shaming)
Mad Poster
#158 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 12:07 AM Last edited by KyleTheArtist : 1st Jun 2009 at 12:30 AM.
Nope, It came earlier in the mail for him it was legal copy. And yes I read the rules. I do not see anything illegal about my friend getting his game to days earlier D:

if it is not allowed by the forum rules I shall delete my posts.
Forum Resident
#159 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:14 AM
At first I was aginst getting Sims 3, but hey I like change. Plus the new Sims seam very fun. It's like I can start all over again :-) Plus the new features are way interesting in Sims 3. For example, the sims can go the hospital to give birth, and walking around the 'hoods!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:09 AM
Quote:
As weird as this may be, while I'm stoked about playing Sims 3, I won't be removing my previous Sims games

Yeah, I really can't see myself giving a damn about my sims in Sims 3, until they implement changes that stop game-breaking bugs... I mean if I have to start over all the time, that's not much fun is it :s
Test Subject
#161 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
At first I thought I'd wait on TS3 to hear what other players had to say about it, but I've rather gotten to the point where it kinda repulses me, so I shall definitely be holding off. If I do purchase it, it'll only be at such a time as there are tons of mods to make it nicer to look at. (I mean, ugh. The Sims are blobby and textures are all too smooth and everything is so freaking bright and oversaturated. Hopefully someday there's a mod to at least cut the level of lighting in half or something...) Can't play a game when you don't even like to see screenshots from it!

You said it all. Total DITTO!
Forum Resident
#162 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:39 AM
Personally, I don't 'feel' sims 3 yet, i have no level of excitement for it at all. I mean, i really like the scenery and how its all improved, but the sims are so horrible it ruins everything. I think im going to carry on playing sims 2 for now, and maybe ill ask for sims 3 in August for my birthday, because by then ill see what other people think of it and have time to think it over lol. I really am in two minds about the sims 3, so ill stick with the sims i have for now.

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Test Subject
#163 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM
I'm holding off. I've barely played TS2. I go through phases where I play all the time then put it away for 6 months. I haven't even played since AL came out. Nope, no Sims3 for me!
Page 7 of 7