Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:56 PM
Default Too bad you can't construct the advertised buildings....
There were two reasons I wanted this game so badly.

1. Recolors/retexturing of everything. They are here, and my interior doors said yay.

2. The town buildings had pediments, wall relief, signage, sexy construction curves, air conditioning and other roofing appointments, and looked like real buildings.
-But none of these joyous features are available in build mode. You can't make them. You can't select them. You can't deconstruct the buildings.

Really, how many of you saw that preview picture with the kid holding the fish with the town hall in the background, and immediately wanted to design a little boy with a hat? I really wanted to build the town hall.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM
In fairness all though your sims can go into those buildings you cna not see the inside of them, or can you?

They look nice. But they are not functional in the way the building we can build are. One day we may well be able to design building such as that,. It may even be possible now if we find the right cheats etc....
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:08 PM
I AM SO IN AGREEMENT WITH YOU. When I saw the pictures of the bistro, all I could think about for weeks was how awesome it would be to design an apartment above it; especially If there is an OFB equivalent expansion. I also loved the windows and doors used on the town buildings. I was wildly disappointed when the idea of rabbitholes surfaced. On the bright side, my copy is "out for delivery" according to UPS!
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
I'm willing to bet money that in future expansions the architecture will be far less limiting.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:46 PM
Some of the buildings your sims can go into, but you cannot see into when they go. Im already waiting on a Nightlife style expansion pack because sitting and watching a building light up, while your sims hungry meter fills up in the corner is NOT fun at all.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:48 PM
These rabbit holes are deffinitely something I want them to open up in expansion packs. But please EA, don't drag it out, doing one per EP, that'll just get dry and repetitive. A Nightlife/OFB remake style expansion would probably get that working, preferrably letting us build these lots for ourselves again. The backwards step sorta confuses me..
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:38 PM
I am hoping the first expansion will be somethig completely and quirky like University was. It introduced a whole new element to the game... no matter how samey it got after a while. But you know story progression working while at university could be a good thing..... Just have one active sim in the house or dorm and have their relatives in others. Select all of their majors and you will just need to play the one through the experience Unless you want to do all of them that is.....