Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
#1576 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:27 AM
Checking in!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#1577 Old 22nd May 2017 at 6:46 AM
Taking a page from Phantomknight and will play a bit of catch up. I agree, this thread gets moving and then I forget to post a comment. I love these houses, you guys. They're all so unique.
I'm sorry if I am commenting twice on someone. I did try and find my posts in the thread first, but I am probably confused.

Mad Poster
#1578 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:18 AM
Psst, @Mordant17, you have gridlines... if it's not too late to fix that! (I love your house!)

PhantomKnight, I recognise that car rug!! :lovestruc

Now waiting impatiently for the next foundation

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1579 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:47 AM
Too late to fix, the round is closed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1580 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:29 AM
Checking in

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1581 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:23 AM
Thanks Charmful and Karen. I sent you round 3 sheets.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1582 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:46 PM
Default (Belated) Round 3 Play-Along - With CC - The Lamberts

The Lamberts have moved into their new house in Elswyn. Like all my entries, the house was designed and built by Jones & Moltke Construction (Veronaville) Ltd. For this house Andrew (the MD) has fully returned to the firm's trade mark Veronavillesque mock Tudor house-style. The small foundation and the large family made an overhang desirable, and, as Andrew pointed out, an overhang was a common feature of medieval and Tudor urban buildings, to the extent that people in upper floors could shake hands with their neighbours across the street, while the sunlight struggled to reach the narrow roadway beneath. CC has been used extensively for the tree-house and playground equipment, the posts to support the overhang, and to give the toddlers different coloured potties - desirable for the sake of hygiene (not generally a consideration in genuine medieval houses!). The posts supporting the overhang sre actually the ones from Phaenoh's playground set, superimposed at floor- and ground-level using MoveObjects.

The Lambert family consists of parents Henry and Shannon, both Family aspiration (well, what did you expect?), teenage girls Christina (Knowledge and girly) and Patricia (a Romance Goth), primary age schoolboys Harry and Corey, and toddler boys Martin and Thomas. The girls often go by the names Pat and Chris.

The girls were a real surprise for me. I was so sure that they wouldn't get on together, that I rather naughtily decided that a nursery wasn't a bedroom, and built the house with four bedrooms plus a nursery. That way each girl got her own room. With all the younger siblings being boys, I couldn't think of another way of sharing rooms. In the event the girls get on great together. As soon as they arrived they started chatting together. They were the first family members to make friends with each other. They are so close to each other that at night, instead of getting into her own fancy pink bed, Chris autonomously got into Pat's big black Gothic bed beside her sister, and the two of them slept happily together! So it looks like they want to share a room after all! I'll probably give them their wish when the toddlers grow up to children, and we have to rearrange the rooms anyway. Pat can make her room a little bit more girly to suit Chris.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#1583 Old 22nd May 2017 at 4:39 PM
I'm here...
*sigh* Seems like we just finished judging! I thought I had more time off VitaC sound like exactly what I need :lovestruc (Thanks, Petro!)

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#1584 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:02 PM
...and part two! All I can say is there will probably be angry mobs if you guys don't upload your beautiful creations. Just sayin'.

Mad Poster
#1585 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:24 PM
I remembered a comment I wanted to reply to the other day but forgot about. Somebody mentioned that they liked the white wood boards for ceilings but found they went the wrong way. Do the , and . keys not work to rotate them? They definitely do for floors.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#1586 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:44 PM Last edited by gazania : 22nd May 2017 at 6:11 PM.
Me .... and in a moment of stupid, I now realize you're right. I keep forgetting that. That was kind of embarrassing, but one sometimes forgets things while trying to rush something out. I'll have to remember next time. Thank you!

Ah, well. The ceilings could have either been painted OR planked ... I've seen both ... so it's all good. One advantage of using a plainer ceiling was that it freed simoleons to put the railings in the back, so perhaps it all worked out.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1587 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:53 PM
I *just* finished my apartments. I was ridiculously uninspired for the interior of my build for the better part of this round, until this morning when I finally hit on my plan - yellow! I'm finally happy with my modern apartment building. I have work in like an hour (also started this crappy new job, so I've had less time to sim than I'd like), so I won't have it posted until much later this evening, if at all tonight. I *will* have it in before the judges get their stuff posted though!
Scholar
#1588 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:31 PM
Speaking about rotating floor tiles, sometimes it breaks the pattern, but for some textures it’s fine, I wonder what exactly it depends on. Some time ago I made a wooden floor (panels with two versions of the texture and in several colours) and it’s fine to rotate it with the , and . keys, the pattern stays fine, but some Maxis floors do break. Textures surely are tileable or otherwise it wouldn’t look good even without rotating.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Link Ninja
#1589 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:02 PM
@Phantomknight check your pic links because some look like they're broken (specifically the first three) and I notice that I don't see a pic of the house layout with the teen girls' rooms - possibly due to the broken links. Please fix

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Alchemist
#1590 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:26 PM
Charmful, I can see all the pictures correctly on my phone right now, but when I get home I'll check again.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#1591 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:42 PM
I see the three broken image links on my end. Strange ... I thought I saw the pictures yesterday. I could be wrong.

I still see all pictures if I click on the pictures below, though.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1592 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I'm here...
*sigh* Seems like we just finished judging! I thought I had more time off VitaC sound like exactly what I need :lovestruc (Thanks, Petro!)

@CatherineTCJD Are you sick? If you need more time just say so. My son and now my husband have colds, might be catching it myself (hopes not) This contest has run on time the whole way which is pretty impressive, so it's not like we can't afford a round extension.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1593 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:30 PM
@Phantomknight

With a bit of detective work, I think these are your pictures that aren't showing up in your entry post.

gazania's post gave me the clue. I copied the URLs from the screenshots underneath. They were different to the broken ones in the post text. Something probably went wrong during your upload process.

Hope this helps!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#1594 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:31 PM
I think Cat just needs another orange cocktail or two
Alchemist
#1595 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:05 AM
@AndrewGloria thanks a bunch! I did like you suggested and checked all the links and updated the differing ones. @Charmful and anyone else, please let me know if that did the trick, because I can't tell which ones are the problem ones on my end. I could see all the pictures on several different devices, but idk if that's google saving caches or whatever, so let me know.

Oh and @joandsarah77, I was wondering if either the judges or the next round would have an extension because of the holiday. You're in Australia, right? Here in the states it's memorial day weekend, but I don't know how many simmers that'll affect.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#1596 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:13 AM
@Phantomknight : All the pictures are showing OK now!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#1597 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
CatherineTCJD Are you sick?

No, not sick per se... (I hope you/your family are feeling better real quick though!!!)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1598 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
No, not sick per se... (I hope you/your family are feeling better real quick though!!!)

@CatherineTCJD
Ugg. I know how it is in the heat without a properly working AC. Ours needed a service for ever so long and nobody was coming out, said it didn't need it- um it was hardly working unless we stood directly in front of it! And you know how hot we get here in Australia, stinking hot. Finally we got a private electrician who also did AC cleaning and he got so much gunk out of it, it was so bad. Prayers and thoughts to you and your family Cat. What I would try is a good size stand alone fan and drape a wet towel over it, that's what I did since my computer is in an alcove and is one of the hottest/coldest spots in the house.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1599 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:28 AM
Thanks for the advice, Jo - we've been turning our machines off during the hottest part of the day. My little netbook already fried itself (so, no more Dragon Age *sniff*) I don't know what I'd do with out my "Big Rig" LOL!
I've got fans all around - but it's still too dang hot. I'm afraid to run my machine too hard - so no simming for now *sigh*
Somebody musta prayed - because we just had a nice rain that cooled it off to 78. Thank YOU! It feels like Heaven! I'm gonna sleep good tonight - finally
Believe me - if this was our house - the AC, and the non-existant insulation, would've been fixed pronto!
Our landlord says he feels real sorry, but AC is not a requirement by law. So he's not going to do anything about it. I can't wait to get back in a house of our own.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1600 Old 23rd May 2017 at 5:47 AM
Bleh, finally done and uploaded!

This one was tricky. Fun fact, I'm no good at modern. Sure, I can make it concrete and glass just as easily as the next person, but then turning that into something anyone would want to live in, not easy for me at all. So my shell sat, and sat, and sat. All the while I dreaded filling it with all the black, white, and grey garbage from the catalog. It wasn't until this morning, when I was thinking about the yellow flowers I used, that I remembered HL's first lot, with the happy sunny yellow and vibrant purple perfectly rocking a modern house that I had my idea. Pair that with the yellow Lack table (which I didn't actually end up using) and I had my plan!

Page 64 of 106