Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 7:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Game not loading at all
My game worked some days ago, but when I launched it yesterday and today, an error popped up:

Quote:
Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x2957b48)

The error showed up at the black screen (when I launch the game).

What is the problem? I searched through MTS, many other forums for fixes, help threads. Nothing worked.

Tried:
CCleaner for clean registry
Reinstall the game 5 times
Run with administrator privileges
Run without CC and Mods
Bypass the launcher

The requirement are not be the case. My computer is REALLY underpowered, but the game ran pretty fine before this popped up. (average 15-20-25 fps)

I changed absolutely NOTHING. NOTHING.
Note: This whole thing started when I started my new world project in CAW. Made all lots, all things, decorations etc. Then, I opened EIG, it not launched anymore...

Please help
Screenshots
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 9:16 PM
I'm really hoping that this is irrelevant, but you might need to read this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...r_is_Like_a_Car

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I'm really hoping that this is irrelevant, but you might need to read this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...r_is_Like_a_Car

Have you tried removing the CAW world from your Sims file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

Completely understood. My computer getting very old, he is 10 years old, so yeah, what can I except? At least I can play some old-school games. But currently I don't have hundreds or thousands of dollars to spend on a computer. Even, this is not the ONLY problem around me.
This year seems the worst so far, nonetheless my first upload here.

But we are planning a tune-up. Sort of. We will try to repair the weakest points in the PC.
I don't know if this is enough for the god damn game, but here's the plan:

2.40 GHz Processor (I don't know it's name)
8 GB Ram
Integrated video card (yes it will come with the processor, I know it's not good)
1 TB or 500 GB HDD

But this tune-up is really far away. Badly. But patience :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Did you try a clean run? Move/rename your TS3 user folder. Run the game, let it create a new one.

otherwise:

ccleaner is not a full proof program.

service error is often registry related. you need to uninstall your game and then use "regedit" (becareful here, make a backup of the whole registry), then search and find all "sims 3" registry manually and delete it. There might be a corrupt one.

OMG, it worked! I can't thank you enough. You made my day, bro
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Hey no prob. Can you tell me which one worked? Just for my own record. New TS3 user folder or cleaning your registry? Thanks!

Cleaning registry.