Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:06 PM
I don't know if it counts as a 'small' annoyance, but I'd remove the limitation on the number of object meshes/data you can have without the game starting to crash :P

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrop_D
Well, use my game instead then! Pets have suddenly appeared at Uni. I'm not sure what caused this, or how long it'll last, but there you go.

Yes, that's where I got it from. :P
The coincidental thing was that I planned to have a pet at uni, (inspired by a certain custon major I was downloading) only to read the next day that isn't supposed to happen.
If your game is otherwise okay, enjoy while you can, lol.
Scholar
#28 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:59 PM
CC is the only annoying thing, I hate separate recolor files, it's so stupid. Like if they created a TS2 program simply aimed at nothing but CC organizing I would be a happy goose.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:22 PM
Oddly, my sim's mood/motives/needs reset to green/positive when he visits his real estate. Not sure if this a bug or a flawed feature :/
Forum Resident
#30 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:27 PM
I'd change the fact that we can't input custom-job titles for owned businesses. That little fact single handedly reduces my integrated hood to a collection of home businesses.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:44 PM
I'd change how the service sims are handled. A maid should answer I am a maid when asked Do you have a job?
The mail man/lady should not say that they are unemployed either.
The burglar(s) should be wearing a mask and only wear the burglar outfit when actually *working* rest of the time, they should show up in everyday clothing at community lots...
Nothing really annoying, just not quite exact.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:10 PM
Employees that have a job as "Employee". It's annoying that you can't hire a sim as a chef, and when switching rotations put him in the Culinary career track.... That's so annoying >:/
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:51 AM
I think the sims 2 had no money overview like sims 1, i like that because we know where the simoleons come from and go from our pocket :D
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Oddly, my sim's mood/motives/needs reset to green/positive when he visits his real estate. Not sure if this a bug or a flawed feature :/

NoMotiveRefreshOnArrive

here: http://faiuwle.wikidot.com/sims2hacks
Mad Poster
#35 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:38 AM
Quote:
I'd change how the service sims are handled. A maid should answer I am a maid when asked Do you have a job?
The mail man/lady should not say that they are unemployed either.

Actually, this one could be improved by assigning them the actual jobs that they really have by using one of those career paks done by one of our very own-Tasha Faun's- NPC career megapack: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=294443

It's too bad you can't do it in the game, because I would in a heartbeat-change all the NPC jobs to those-so instead the mailman would actually be the mailman. NPC's cannot be assigned jobs without making them playable. It doesn't stick, sad to say.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#36 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 24th Feb 2017 at 5:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Actually, this one could be improved by assigning them the actual jobs that they really have by using one of those career paks done by one of our very own-Tasha Faun's- NPC career megapack: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=294443

It's too bad you can't do it in the game, because I would in a heartbeat-change all the NPC jobs to those-so instead the mailman would actually be the mailman. NPC's cannot be assigned jobs without making them playable. It doesn't stick, sad to say.

I have this mod But like you say, it is only useful after you made this sim playable...But while this sim is a maid NPC, there is nothing you can do.
Unless I do not understand you, and it is possible? or maybe just another..what would you change fantasy ? I think I need coffee!

Mad Poster
#37 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:58 PM
It is not possible without making the NPC in question a playable and putting them into the neighborhood as such. Otherwise they will remain 'unemployed'.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#38 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:11 PM
Right.
You know what I'd change also?..
Being able to extract animations from the game, so we can EDIT them.

Mad Poster
#39 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
Tooltips without needing testingcheats on. I want to know what clothes are what!
I think I may have learned something new here. Does this mean that, if you turn on Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled, and send your Sims to a shop to buy clothes, you can actually see the ToolTips that can tell you what your Sim is buying, the same as you can when dressing a Sim in CAS or BodyShop? I didn't know that. That could be very useful. The thumbnails and pictures when buying clothes are so small that my Sims have sometimes bought the wrong clothes. And they can't return them and get their money back.

To return to my own point (post #2), the colour of the font in Storytelling is also part of the problem. I can manage with a small font when posting here on MTS, where it's black type on a white background, but in Storytelling it's dark blue against light blue, making it very hard to spot typos and mistakes.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:19 AM
That moveobjects on didn't need to be turned on in order to place a curtain behind a toilet. Sometimes a toilet has a window on the wall behind it...can't place a curtain on it without moveobjects.
It's just a tiny annoyance but I always forget and wonder why I can't place it for a minute, blaming my mouse, until i'm like "oh...right"

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#41 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
That moveobjects on didn't need to be turned on in order to place a curtain behind a toilet. Sometimes a toilet has a window on the wall behind it...can't place a curtain on it without moveobjects.
It's just a tiny annoyance but I always forget and wonder why I can't place it for a minute, blaming my mouse, until i'm like "oh...right"

Have you tried that cheat from AL..so you can put more than one item on the same wall?..I think it is..holding ctrl + alt while holding the item.
Toilet must be place against a wall..so a curtain on the same wall would need that cheat. I am guessing here, as I never tried it for curtain + toilet on the same wall.

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:47 AM
when a sim serves "chips and dip" they can call guests to meal so the guests can partake of them and not have to use "control the sim" mod inorder for guests to eat them. its a little thing but I think Maxis could have added this function to the hobby enthusiasm dishes served.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:23 AM
I tend to always have move object on when decorating.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2