Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 6:47 AM
Odd new idea for a mod?
So I am really new to posting in forums so if I mess something up in this.. yea.
Anyways, I have a new rather odd idea for a mod. I am not a mod creator myself but if there are any mod creators who see this and may know how to make my dream a reality, that would be awesome.
I constantly use the "create a style" tool when playing sims 3.. like I cannot live without it, I can't even play Sims 4 because it lacks it. I like making my houses one color or matching, so say like I make an entirely pink house and maybe a couple rooms are blue or purple, but I never have a object that is "normal" or doesn't match. So I was thinking that perhaps its possible to create a mod that can recolor or "create a style" on multiple objects at a time, using 3-5 different colors to recolor the objects, and if some of the objects recolors don't look correct you can individually restyle them. I was thinking it would work similar to this, >Drag your mouse across the objects (Like making a floor) >Right click or something else to activate it. > Select the colors. > Voila, hours of recoloring done in 1 minute.
I really think this would be extremely useful to sims 3 creators out there, if anyone knows if this is even possible or is possible let me know, i'd love to help!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 8:09 AM
Oh my gosh. I never even knew that existed. I've gone four years not even knowing you could do that. Thank you sooo much for telling me this!
Inventor
#4 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:26 AM
Hahaha now I don't feel so bad. I just learned about the drag and drop method from watching a tutorial for something else and I have been playing for years!