Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:50 PM
Default Sims 4 cheat console
For some reason when I press Ctrl + Shift + C to open the cheat window, nothing happens.
I've never had a problem with this in the Sims 3 or Sims 2 and I'm definitely typing it correctly, so was the cheat engine disabled or changed?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:17 PM
Yea
Same As Me I Tried To Press CTRL+SHIFT+C At the same time It Won't Work I Don't Know Why I Thing The Creators Of The sims 4 haven't make that features yet ?
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ManOfNoodle
Same As Me I Tried To Press CTRL+SHIFT+C At the same time It Won't Work I Don't Know Why I Thing The Creators Of The sims 4 haven't make that features yet ?

It worked fine for me! Although under help there are a lot fewer options.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:51 PM
Yeah, CTRL + SHIFT + C works for me. For the record, I am holding down the left side of the keyboard... if that matters.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:52 PM
CTRL+SHIFT+C worked for me also. Though not listed under Help, Motherlode works. And It's Testingcheats True not Testingcheatsenabled true.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hawg1959
CTRL+SHIFT+C worked for me also. Though not listed under Help, Motherlode works. And It's Testingcheats True not Testingcheatsenabled true.

Although I can get the cheat console to open, when I enter testingcheats true it says "Unable to execute command"

WTF?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Studio954
Although I can get the cheat console to open, when I enter testingcheats true it says "Unable to execute command"

WTF?

Did you capitalize? Testingcheats true instead of testingcheats true...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
Yeah, CTRL + SHIFT + C works for me. For the record, I am holding down the left side of the keyboard... if that matters.

Okay, now that works for me finally! Using the left side of the keyboard.

and its testingcheats on
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:15 AM
How do you close the cheat window? When I put in a cheat it doesn't close automatically after it's executed

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 11:26 AM
To close, have you tried pressing Esc?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 11:36 AM
Pressing Shift+Ctrl+C again closes the console for me.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:47 PM
I've tried all of your suggestions, and it still won't work. Something must be borked in my game.
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM
Yeah, I can open the console, but none of the commands work, and I've tried all of the variations of capital letters and non-capital letters and copying and pasting and such.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
To close, have you tried pressing Esc?

Quote: Originally posted by kasta13
Pressing Shift+Ctrl+C again closes the console for me.

Tried both, neither worked. Maybe it's just my game.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:14 AM
I can get the cheats window to appear. motherlode and kaching work for me but testingcheatsenabled true wont work. when I first played, it worked just fine, now I can't get it to work. grrrrrr.... that's frustrating
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#16 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:23 AM
Try with "testingcheatsenabled on", perhaps? Let us know whether that works .. it says "true|false" most everywhere, but I've seen somebody post that "on" worked for them too.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM
testingcheatsenabled isn't the command name in this version. It is testingcheats. Typing help will list a few of the commands.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:05 AM
Yah I meant testingcheats, sorry. But "on" instead of "true".

Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 4:31 AM
Control+shift+c does not work for me either, neither left or right side, tapping lightly or pressing hard, caps on or caps off, even changing the keyboard didn't work. Any help at this point would help. Please, please advise.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 29th May 2016 at 1:37 AM
I found out it was the Gyoza picture program I had recently installed that was conflicting for me -- CTRL-SHFT-C was bringing up THAT program, instead of S4's cheat window.

I just bought Romantic Gardens today (on sale!) and installed it, and all of a sudden I couldn't open the cheat window. Once I uninstalled Gyoza, everything was fine.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog