Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Bonita : 7th Aug 2013 at 9:06 PM. Reason: forgot to insert the graphic card.
Default How to improve my graphics performance?
Hello, I have dual boot, with windows 7 64x, and windows xp 64x(which i mostly use to play sims) because it's less heavy and sims run smoothy on it, but now i've installed sims 2 base and pets in windows 7, i got tired of using windows xp, because since i play sims there i'm most there i end up using most that system... so sims in windows 7 is very bad graphics, very poor details i'm playing with the best settings i could use on the game, but once details called my attention, it's incredible fast compared to sims in xp, real fast, i don't know if is because i'm playing all EPS in windows xp, and only pets in win7, maybe be this, but still too fast when i open the hair change appearance it goes smooth then in xp it takes ages to pass to another section of hair, so i'm convinced i could improve game in windows 7?
My specs are:
Laptop brand: cce win
4gb RAM, 2.10ghz processor, windows 7 ultimate 64bits.
" " " xp 64bits (this way can recognize the 4gb ram
graphics card name: Intel HD graphics 3000
and directx 11.
I'm going to take any suggestions, less to buy another card/motherboard, because i can't. =( i'ts new laptop any suggestions?
Sorry my broken english too.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 4:26 AM
I just find out that game booster sotfware can help me with this, but still accept suggestions. Thanks
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 5:02 AM
Game Booster software? Do you have a link to that? Who told you to use that?

Your graphics should look the same between Win7 and WinXP. You're probably having a driver or RAM issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 4:34 PM
Hmm just type game booster... it improve alot the peformance, i don't know if i'm having a RAM issue, in win xp system the game is OK no graphics problem but it is slow... and in windows 7 system the game is very fast i was searching over the internet and found a youtube video teaching how to improve my video card graphics, so i did it, and now i can see better details i think even better than in xp, and the game in win 7 is super fast =/ i have no idea why, while the graphics sometimes is awful sometimes the hair bin and cloths bin are black or all blurred no faces etc, it happens most in the bin when im selecting hair or cloths, while on the game its smooth and fast but sometimes very rarelu when my sim come back from work her face turn black or full of strange colors. I have no idea what is happening I wish i could play this fast in windows xp because there i don't have graphics issue! Anyone could help me?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 4:43 PM
I think the graphics would be aweful sometimes, because your integrated graphics chip is not really up to running the game. And you may damage your computer while playing.

You don´t actually have a dedicated graphics card. Read here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nboard_Graphics for more information about that situation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 5:08 PM
I know... that's why i installed the windows xp64, since it is not so heavy i can play, i been playing for 6 months no damage till now, but i think if i play in windows 7 will damage soon, because is heavy system and demanding more i think, the fact is i cannot have other computer with dedicated graphics, i can't afford and i can't stop playing too i'm so addicted.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 5:53 PM
You can get desktops with dedicated graphics very cheaply - that way you could play sims on the desktop, and keep your laptop for other things.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 8:09 PM
I've been reading about Razer Game Booster... and it seems that your mileage may vary while using it. It suspends background processes while playing and restores them afterwards. It also turns off automatic updates while playing and performs minor disk clean ups.

I really don't know why your graphics are different between WinXP and Win7. All I can say is maybe its because DirectX in WinXP is different from that of Win7. Make sure you have DirectX 9.0 installed and your drivers for Intel HD 3000 are up-to-date.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Bonita : 8th Aug 2013 at 11:36 PM.
Yes i'll check that thanks ajaxsirius
---------------------------

Nysha at the moment that's not a option i can't get one, and also i can't stop playing untill i get one, so i guess i'll broke my laptop soon