Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stately Goth Manor (residential - no CC)

by sionelle Posted 11th Aug 2013 at 6:08 PM - Updated 10th Jan 2014 at 12:28 AM by sionelle : mistake in subject line

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:38 AM
Lovely, wonderful manor! So many great details. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:53 PM
Awesome Estate ! I was just wondering what town you created it in and on what lot ? I plan to place it in Moonlight Fall's for my witch sim, thank you for sharing your creative, and very beautiful work !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Supriti
Awesome Estate ! I was just wondering what town you created it in and on what lot ? I plan to place it in Moonlight Fall's for my witch sim, thank you for sharing your creative, and very beautiful work !

Hi, Supriti -- I built it on on 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive in Riverview, but the lot is flat on all edges, so you should be able to place it anywhere you have a big enough lot. I'm sure it will look lovely in Moonlight Falls!

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Glad you all like the house, and have use for it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 9:08 PM
Beautiful I have the perfect place to put this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 12:49 PM
Absolutely incredible! Thank you so much for sharing your brilliance...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 1:32 AM
Thanks! Beautifully done! Good color palette, and tasteful furnishings The Goth Mansion the game came with left a lot to be desired.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 6:12 PM
Why isn't this a featured item?!
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 8:16 PM
Hi, I don't know if you'll remember at this point, considering how long ago you made this house, but I was wondering what you used from the Pets, Showtime, and World Adventures EPs? Is it mostly decorations/furnishings or are they required build items? Thank you very much for your time and this manor looks absolutely amazing. I'm playing the Goths in Midnight Hollow and the biggest house there is just... chock full of routing issues, not to mention the layout is just horrendous.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neptuniandiamonds
Hi, I don't know if you'll remember at this point, considering how long ago you made this house, but I was wondering what you used from the Pets, Showtime, and World Adventures EPs? Is it mostly decorations/furnishings or are they required build items? Thank you very much for your time and this manor looks absolutely amazing. I'm playing the Goths in Midnight Hollow and the biggest house there is just... chock full of routing issues, not to mention the layout is just horrendous.

Hi there -- I don't remember for sure, but I think the only WA stuff is the nectar maker, some nectar cabinets, and maybe a couple of statues. The most obvious Pets stuff (other than random deco objects) will be the larger columns that make the spires on the rooflines of the towers. Those could be swapped out for the base game column that is on the end of the gabled roof without too much change to the look, though. Showtime is used for the interior stair railing, the arches on the front façade, and probably some other deco. If you don't mind replacing the columns, arches and the stair railings, you should probably be OK. But no guarantees that I haven't forgotten something important!

Hope it works for you.
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sionelle
Hi there -- I don't remember for sure, but I think the only WA stuff is the nectar maker, some nectar cabinets, and maybe a couple of statues. The most obvious Pets stuff (other than random deco objects) will be the larger columns that make the spires on the rooflines of the towers. Those could be swapped out for the base game column that is on the end of the gabled roof without too much change to the look, though. Showtime is used for the interior stair railing, the arches on the front façade, and probably some other deco. If you don't mind replacing the columns, arches and the stair railings, you should probably be OK. But no guarantees that I haven't forgotten something important!

Hope it works for you.

Unfortunately, it refuses to place. It installed fine, but when I go to place it, it sits on the processing screen for twenty minutes and then I have to force kill the game. I suspect it's because of the fact that I don't have those three EPs, though. I even downloaded Builder's Island to see if it would place there so I could replace the missing stuff and then place it, but sadly, that didn't work either. Oh well. Just wanted to give you an update in case someone else asks something similar in the future. Thank you for your help!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 5:02 AM
nice looking just the thing for my vimpires sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 8:26 PM
So I caved and installed WA even though I hate that EP with a passion [but so many things require it! UGH] and it places now [: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL OMG. It's perfect. I'm in there tweaking the stuff it replaced from the other EPs I don't have and I'm absolutely in awe of your decorating abilities. Four for you, Glen Coco daaaaaaang!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neptuniandiamonds
So I caved and installed WA even though I hate that EP with a passion [but so many things require it! UGH] and it places now [: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL OMG. It's perfect. I'm in there tweaking the stuff it replaced from the other EPs I don't have and I'm absolutely in awe of your decorating abilities. Four for you, Glen Coco daaaaaaang!

Wow! I admire your dedication to trying to play this house. I'm so glad it worked for you, and that you're enjoying it! Thanks for the comment.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 9:01 PM
Beautiful! Must Have! Thank you!
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 3:26 PM
Well, I have the packs needed. Still indicates I'm missing content. For example, where did you get the steeples? (the top of the chimneys)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cardolan
Well, I have the packs needed. Still indicates I'm missing content. For example, where did you get the steeples? (the top of the chimneys)

Those are rooftop airconditioner vents from Ambitions ("Vexing Ventilation," found under Décor/Roof Decorations), and/or columns from the base game and Pets, depending on which ones you're referring to. There's no cc or store content in the lot, so I'm not sure why you might be missing content. Sorry if you're having troubles with it. Do you have UL and IP as well as the other packs listed? MTS doesn't have icons yet for those, so the need for UL and IP is only mentioned in the text.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 9:01 PM
This. Is. So. AWESOME!
I'm gonna go make a sim move into this castle with a bunch of cats!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 1:40 PM
For the numerous houses i've seen and downloaded, i have to say yours are THE best. Not only they look so incredibly gorgeous, they are also well structured to be very livable/playable. Many of the "pro" builders these days focus entirely on the aesthetics and ignore the playability, but you did not. I truly hope you can create more houses. So far this manor and the steampunk house are my all time favorites!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 5:32 PM
the title reminds me of "stately wayne manor"
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 7:58 PM
Wow, this house is absolutely stunning!!! I'd love to download it and use it for my Batman Sim, but I don't have UL (not yet anyway). I was just wondering if anything more than decor came from UL? Again, gorgeous manor, and thank you for sharing it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 11:25 PM
Simply stunning!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 6:39 PM
So beautiful, im moving the Goths in there :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:01 AM
perfect
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 6:39 AM
<3 berry good, berry berry good!
Instructor
#50 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 1:25 PM
can this replace the goth manor (13 Skyborough Blvd) without any isuses?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Page 2 of 3