Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 32 (Who?), Viewed: 12614 times.
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Evil/Daredevil Sims can fart as controlled by the player XD

I WANT THIS
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 3:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaibit
It's new to me that farts and romantic interactions work together... *giving it a try*
Noooo, doesn't work, just tried it. Romance is disabled by farts!

I can remember farting in a, um, delicate moment. OK it was during sex. Not "making Love", we barely knew each other. The embarrassment killed the whole mood for ME, but the guy carried on. So I have to think for (some)guys, NOTHING distracts them.

PS: I have heard farts categorized by SOUND also. Considering that dispelling gas is a natural byproduct for all? animals, why do we find it so interesting. I read a frightening statistic of like 8 quarts of fart a day per person; can you picture THAT study?

Namaste
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 8:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I can remember farting in a, um, delicate moment. OK it was during sex. Not "making Love", we barely knew each other. The embarrassment killed the whole mood for ME, but the guy carried on. So I have to think for (some)guys, NOTHING distracts them.

PS: I have heard farts categorized by SOUND also. Considering that dispelling gas is a natural byproduct for all? animals, why do we find it so interesting. I read a frightening statistic of like 8 quarts of fart a day per person; can you picture THAT study?

XD Both things
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 11:11 PM
Intresting, that i run over fart threads very often in sims. But it belongs to Sims. Ok, donno if it was in already in Sims 1. But in Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims Medieval, Sims Social.
Actually i even had made a system, how farting could work in Sims 4. But donno, if they would do something as complex for something like this in the game.

1. The easiest way would to include the Ogre Trait. With the Ogre Trait, a sim would fart and burp randomly. Neccesary would here indeed a bigger control. In Sims 4, Sims are multitasking able. So if fart/burp will be a random function, they could possible do it always and this could sometimes be to much. So triggering this would be a good way. Possible klick the sim and trigger something like 'let go' or 'restrain'. Aswell active functions should be in, that you have the trait menu and can choose out of the ogre pool, what the sim should do.
The trait aswell remembers me at the Slob in Sims 2. There had this farting and burping aswell as some kind of trait.

I personally would prefer such a trait, to seperate Slob and Ogre. Possible would be aswell, that you chose Slob and that you can chose between house-slob (messy), sim-slob (ogre) and common slob. Not all messy are running gasbags and not all gasbags are messy. So there should be the option to seperate it. One of the reason i would be a huge fan from the possibility to make custom traits. That we can create some additional traits, with the attributes from the traits, who are already there.

2. Thats actually my idea about it.
There are 3 kinds of food: easy to digest, normal food, hard to digest
A normal sim wouldn't have problems with normal food and easy to digest food. By food hard to digest, they would become gassy.
Then, there are 2 traits (This where traits about body conditions i was thinking about):
strong stromach: A sim with this trait can eat even food, who is hard to digest, without any problems.
weak stromach: Running gasbag. Would even become gassy by normal food and if they eat food, who is hard to digest, other sims should make a wide berth. (This would be something like the Ogre, or an idea i got from Rogue Legacy.)

Then the Sims should have a list of food, they like and dislike:
like: Sims would eat much of this food, would cook it prefered, because they like it.
normal: They would eat this food, but wouldn't normaly cook it. Possible, if they only have few liked foods.
dislike: They never would cook this food, and would only eat it, if they are near to hunger-death.

With this system, players would have a strong control how they want their sims to be. If they don't want their sims to be gassy, they take the strong stromach, or the hard to digest food as disliked food and the easy to disgest food as like. Peoples who find it funny, could make the opposit and would have a running gasthrower. If a sim gets gassy, they would become a mood. Then they can and will do fart actions.

Other traits would only influence the whole thing. Some traits could lead, that the sim would fart around loud and even fart in front of other sims and on parties. Other traits could lead, that they would do it only silent, or even try to leave the room if other sims are in the area. And even leave the party, if they become gassy. But the player should be able to interference there. Of course there should be limits depending on the traits of the sims.

This whole should be aswell triggerable with the sandbox modes (possible an option like the catastrophes, where you can give different Sims (not only your sims), different moods for the fun).
So we could have fun with some snob sims, as example.

Goal would be, to give every player the game experience he/she wants. If somebody didn't want to have a slob sim, who is messy like hell, but shouldn't fart, then such a sim should be possible.
If somebody likes it, and want a sim who farts all time, it should be possible to have such a sim, without having him/her messing up the whole house.

How the other Sim react is another question. Could be from disgusted, or funny, or fleeing from a sim with weak stromach, who has eaten something hard to digest. (Possible a fast retreat would be more as necessary, by EA/Maxis love for new deaths. )

So thats one idea out of a large, very large list of ideas i made for Sims 4 some time ago for fun. Have posted one already in this forum. But this one, i got this idea out, was much longer and i haven't posted it in a english speaking Sims forum.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#30 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 1:30 PM
...what possible reason is there to put SO MUCH THOUGHT into virtual farts?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#31 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 2:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysha

Without farts, life as we know it would be gone.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysha

You would be suprised, who much ideas i have created for Sims after all. Often i start with some brainstorming about something, then i can't stop anymore. I have posted it here, because of the difficulty of the topic.
And this ideas where focused to be very very realistic. Ok, if the ideas would be possible before Sims 40 is another question. ^^
And the current idea would only include 2 lists, for liked and disliked food and we already had some effects from food in Sims 3, then 2 traits. One to boost it and one to avoid it. The other traits would affect the habbits and acting from the Sims. The food would trigger the gassy state and this is the whole logic behind it. Ah yes, and the Ogre Trait, etc. was there already. I had ideas way longer. But not about farting. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinchillaJesus
Without farts, life as we know it would be gone.

Yes, and looking how much talk there is, then games like Orc attack (got it in some bundle for 1$ with dozend other games, but haven't played it) shows, that there are indeed some peoples intrested in this topic. And i think, the best thing would be, to give players the possibility to play around with it, even troll other Sims with it, but aswell to avoid it entirly. I personally think its a nice move to implement it in the Sims games, because its yust natural, but often avoided in society. (Ok, i don't mean in public, i mean more as natural part of a living beeing.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 2:35 AM
I love you guys XD
Page 2 of 2