Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:37 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 18th Dec 2014 at 1:25 AM.
Default 1.3.18.1010: Has the Library become write-only for "modded" lots?
Edit -- Answer: Yes, it has. But only in Offline mode.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...y-or-my-library
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...in-offline-mode
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...-in/m-p/4128832

--

C+P from the post I made in the EA Bugs/Issues forum just now:

--

When saving a "modded" lot (ones that contain custom walls or floors) to the Library it won't show up in the Library overview. It can be accessed and placed via the "View Item Details" button on the "You saved a lot" prompt. That seems to mean there is no problem with the lot or the CC itself; the same lot can also be saved and then accessed via the Library just fine once the custom content is removed.

For me the "You saved a lot" prompt only shows once, immediately after I save -- which basically means any lots that contain CC cannot be saved any more.

1. Build a box and cover it in CC wallpaper. Save as new lot. Screenshot
2. Open Library overview: lot doesn't show up. Screenshot
3. Click "View Item Details" button on the "You saved a lot" prompt, lot shows up fine. Screenshot

4. Place it (or don't), cover box in Maxis wallpaper. Save as new lot. Does not have the "Modded" iconthingy now. Screenshot
5. Open Library overview: lot shows up fine. Screenshot

I tested with content by various people created with very different tools. I'm always using the "Save New" option.

--

Can anyone confirm this? Also, is there perhaps a way to get to that "You saved a lot" prompt more than once? That would be kind of a last resort .. other than that, the only idea I have on how to deal with this would be to make a lot of empty neighbourhoods for buiding. But without being able to use the Library one can't even move houses between lots any more =/ ..

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 8:07 PM
Thanks for posting this. So I have to connect to their servers if I want to access stuff that's stored locally on my computer... makes sense...

Hopefully this wasn't an intentional "feature," and it gets fixed soon.

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:16 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 19th Dec 2014 at 3:03 PM.
I also hope so -- I think the actual issue is that some of the tickboxes are inaccessible now (like "Show stuff with CC too") .. deliberately turning off a feature doesn't seem to make sense to me.

ETA: the absurdest part is that those tickboxes WILL show up when switching to Online Mode but staying offline. Like in some "online but not that online" mode that really seems not to be making any sense at all ..

(Origin will still be "disconnected" or at least pretend to be if one does that.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:01 PM
It is really weird. It shows up in the tray folder too. Does that mean when the problem is fixed, they will actually show up in the library? Does anyone know if uninstalling the patch fixes the issue??
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:40 PM
If you would turn on online mode, you would see them in the Library (which would then be called Gallery but would be exactly the same thing as before). Same for sims/households too btw.

Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:18 AM
How do you make it be online. My computer is connected to the internet so why isn't the game?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:28 AM
Game Options > Other > Online Access.