Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:20 PM
TS4 doesn't even follow core Sims-like design principles, but a discussion like this should probably be had in another thread lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
TS4 doesn't even follow core Sims-like design principles, but a discussion like this should probably be had in another thread lol

Yeah, probably. I could go on for eons about aesthetical harmony, consistency, the art of mixing the old with the new, and the importance of sounds and colours that make people without ADHD go owie.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:43 PM
Loading screens themselves are not inherently substandard IF what waits behind the screen is worthwhile. In the Sims 4, many times, the community lots behind a loading screen were disenchanting, to say the least. Conversely, in previous iterations, what awaited the player behind a loading screen was a meaningful playing experience not marred with a plethora of glitches significantly detracting from overall gameplay.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#29 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 2:56 AM
One of my biggest beefs about building in 4 is that we are forced to build by room in many cases. And all those flats drive me buts. What a pain to use in some builds. And to do a 2 story foyer or whatever is far easier in 3 for me. Put floor ties where I want them and leave the open space where I want to. None of that fitting flats into a room, especially an odd shaped one, and worse if angles. And the trim can be a pain to place. And it is far easier to color/wallpaper a whole floor exterior in 3 with one click than room by room in 4. I do like the 3 room heights and I do like the variable window placement, being able to move whole buildings, and other things in 4. But overall I would rather build in 3 over 4 any day, and over water, on sloped lots, etc. I miss the sizing up cheat in 3 and the search ability. But I can build much faster and easier in 3.
Page 2 of 2