Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on Yesterday at 4:46 PM
Replies: 5302 (Who?), Viewed: 188584 times.
Page 213 of 213
Mad Poster
#5301 Old Today at 3:04 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : Today at 3:57 AM. Reason: No space in HP's name!
Default Sims have a "known as" name?
I find I do best if I reboot every few days. My usual reason for rebooting is that my computer has got too slow to play The Sims 2.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for what I've discovered, not really today, but over a period of time: Sims have got a extra name, possibly a "Known As" name, that the developers of SimPE appear not to have known about. Have a look at these SimPE screenshots:

Now look at their names in-game:

I have never seen the names Teresa and Devi in-game, and I cannot find the names Tess and Denise anywhere in SimPE. It's maybe worth mentioning that I have HystericalParoxysm's version of Live.package. The Bluewater townies were the first sizable group of Sims to get their names from this source after I installed it. Although the SimPE developers appear not to know about this extra name, it does look as if HP must have known something about it. I understand she's on long-term sabbatical leave, rather than retired, so I hope she may come back one day an explain what she knows.

I presume this is the reason why I've seen it recommended that we use an in-game utility to change a Sim's first name rather than SimPE.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
#5302 Old Today at 3:50 AM
Do you play the game in UK English? I have a hunch it might be related to that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5303 Old Today at 3:54 AM
I'm pretty sure I play in U.S. English.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 213 of 213