Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 8:43 AM Last edited by ZeonZumDeikun : 3rd Dec 2016 at 9:24 AM.
Default Mesh Parts Appearing Through the Body? (Solved)
Hello there. I'm running into a problem with a mesh that I've been working on, and though I hate to ask for help again I can't seem to get the meshed fixed no matter what I try.

The mesh I made is an accessory for adult female Sims. It's a pair of animal-like hands that are "worn" over the Sim's body hands. I've made a few glove-like accessories before and though I ran into the problem I'm facing now once before I was able to get it fixed and get the mesh working, but though I've followed the same steps to the best of my knowledge I can't get this mesh fixed. Anyway, after assigning the bone joints to the various points, including the ring finger joints (which has middle finger and pinky finger joints both at 50% weight, setting them both in the joint panel and through the bone tool), and after building that package file I started up Body Shop to see how the mesh turned out. Much to my disappointment I'm running into the same problem I've had before: the ring fingers are appearing through the body.

I realize that this has something to do with the joint assignments, and like I mentioned I've had this problem before but was able to fix it, but nothing I do seems to fix this new mesh. Perhaps I'm missing a step, I'm not sure, but I've done everything as far as I can remember. I've tried various ways of setting the joints, deleting joints and doing it again, and I've even scrapped the mesh and started all over again, yet I still can't get the problem fixed and it's driving me crazy. As far as I can tell everything in Milkshape appears to be correct. I've matched the joints with the default body, I've even adjusted the position of the knuckles to match the knuckles on the default hands just to make it easier. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, though I suspect that it might be related to the problem above, Body Shop isn't letting me export out the texture to make recolors of it. Whenever I try it just says that there was an error "exporting the selected texture". Though this might be fixed with the mesh joint fix, I'm not sure.

If it helps any to look at it, I've uploaded the file here... http://www.simfileshare.net/download/141336/

And here is a picture of what I'm experiencing. As you can see, the ring fingers appear through the body and they shouldn't...
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 2:40 PM
Are you referring to the fingers that are sticking out the front of the mesh, like they've been stretched sideways? Or the fingers sinking into the sim's legs?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 12:31 AM
The fingers closest to the front, that are curving in. They look like the index fingers but those are actually the ring fingers that are showing through. Here are some more pictures, these might be better examples...

Here's a picture of the mesh in Milkshape. The red selection is the regular adult female arm, the white lines are my mesh over it.