Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 12:01 PM
Let's play advice?
Hi, I've been thinking of starting doing let's plays of the sims 3 challenges, but I do want them to be entertaining for people.
I like playing to a theme and making my sims individually interesting, rather than the thousands of beautiful modern girls sims out there - which I have nothing against, just not my play style; I'm a writer/artist irl so I can't help getting rather invested in the 'characters' I make. Do you think this is a worthwhile idea? Like, are people, other than me, still interested in the sims 3 enough to bother with this, and would they prefer modern/no theme? Any suggestions or advice on how to make them interesting and fun? Thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 12:28 PM
Getting a lets play to work is more about how you perform in a video while doing the lets play. If you believe in the story and get it through, people will follow.

It's a lot of hard work though, don't think it's a walk in the park. It does of course depend on your ambitions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Getting a lets play to work is more about how you perform in a video while doing the lets play. If you believe in the story and get it through, people will follow.

It's a lot of hard work though, don't think it's a walk in the park. It does of course depend on your ambitions.

Thank you for the reply! I'm not really ambitious, not in a 'become youtube famous' way at least, I just want any videos I do make to be entertaining for people. I guess I'll start and see how the response is, I find making videos fun anyway. :D
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 7:11 AM
I am not a person who checks out let's play videos often, but if the camera is jerky I close the video immediately and am gone. And if they are um, um, rambling all over the place I am gone right away too. I know some folks like to watch them, but so far I have never seen one where I watched more than a few minutes as they were just too darn boring to me. I would rather play than watch other people play.