Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QTValeria
alright, i did every step, revised eveyrthing.
now, i finished with my mesh, had hte last part of SimPE come out right, but once i load up bodyshop and create a sim and head to teh clothing, it doesnt load, then crashes.
i've tried in-game also.
though, i did skip part 4 steps 7 & 8 (6 ?) because i thought it was unnecessary,
or was it necessary and thats what messed my bodyshop up ? /:

You have to put your mesh file in the Downloads folder or it won't work.

The steps are there because they're necessary...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 12:35 AM
Default Material being added
Hi, A few months ago I went through this tutorial several times, changing outfits around. The first few times it worked great. But the last few times the outfit isn't quite right. So I stopped, until today.

I started working on a wedding gown I had gotten online, wanting to add something to it. I had made the changes with photoshop and it looked alright in Bodyshop. Then I proceeded with this tutorial. I went as far as part 5, step six. When I looked at the dress it had extra material added to the sides, as if the model gained weight. I did it again a second time and it did it again, adding weight an material. The extra material is added on the left and right sides of the dress.

Any ideas?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#103 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tanina
Hi, A few months ago I went through this tutorial several times, changing outfits around. The first few times it worked great. But the last few times the outfit isn't quite right. So I stopped, until today.

I started working on a wedding gown I had gotten online, wanting to add something to it. I had made the changes with photoshop and it looked alright in Bodyshop. Then I proceeded with this tutorial. I went as far as part 5, step six. When I looked at the dress it had extra material added to the sides, as if the model gained weight. I did it again a second time and it did it again, adding weight an material. The extra material is added on the left and right sides of the dress.

Any ideas?

Please provide a photo so we can see what's going on with your mesh. A UV map of the parts as well as the 3D mesh is helpful also.
Test Subject
#104 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 5:54 PM
I've tried 4 different maxis outfits, but when I try to extract the mesh it says (example), "Not all the parts could be found for your mesh: afbodydressweddinghourglass_white. Help, please...
Mad Poster
#105 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haikomochan
I've tried 4 different maxis outfits, but when I try to extract the mesh it says (example), "Not all the parts could be found for your mesh: afbodydressweddinghourglass_white. Help, please...

Don't specify the colour. Use afbodydressweddinghourglass to extract... not afbodydressweddinghourglass_white.
Test Subject
#106 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 7:37 PM
Uhm... I never specified for the color... I just clicked on the package in the saved sims folder...
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:30 AM
So I was completely fine up until Part 4, linking the mesh to the recolour. Step 4 is where I get messed up. I try to do as the instructions say, but instead of linking the mesh it gives me an error message saying: Could not use this package. Either zero or multiple CRES or SHPE resources were found. So . . . Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Your help is much appreciated.

~MaY tHe FuNk bE WiTh YoU~
xOxXoXxOxXoXxOxXoXxOxXoX
~..:::..WALLY~ONE..:::..~

:duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:
Mad Poster
#108 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 7:00 PM Last edited by fakepeeps7 : 7th Feb 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by haikomochan
Uhm... I never specified for the color... I just clicked on the package in the saved sims folder...

Yes, you did specify for the colour when you went to extract the mesh parts. Read my post again carefully. Do not include the bit on the end that says _white. If you include that, you are specifying the colour and confusing SimPE. It just wants to look for the mesh piece, and all the colours (whether they are white, black, or purple striped) use the same mesh.

EDIT: Sorry... I just looked at the tutorial, and I can see why you might be having trouble. When you use the tool to extract the mesh parts, don't click on the Browse button; try just entering afbodydressweddinghourglass in the "Base mesh name" field instead.
Test Subject
#109 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 10:42 PM
Great tutorial got through it but at the end i realised that i deleted too much off the fat mesh so i had to start again and since then when i try to extract the four things it says " Not all parts could be found for mesh: afbodydresslongloose_sandfancy" and i dont know what to do now
Field Researcher
#110 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 3:52 AM
I was suggested to have a look at this "basic" tutorial because from Garden of Shadows I fould one more specific tute on how to convert clothes from Teen to Adult and vice versa. My very first project was only to make for myself a AF version of a Tantra TF dress with exactly the same boots (it's called Gentle Storm based on a mesh for a Teaparty collection. This TF dress was converted for AF at Garden of Shadows but with other boots added that I like less than the original ones.

So at Garden of Shadows the tutorial on cothes mesh conversion confuses me still as its says that for a custom cloth mesh only a AF project using a Maxis outfit is necessary as a placeholder. I followed step by step but at the end in BodyShop the Maxis dress came totally borked.

I hoped to find more in the basic tutorial on Milkshape. All seems easy but in Milshape I had difficulties to zoom (Shift and right click did nothing) and therefore from the Maxis formal outift, if I managed to resize the waist to a wasp waist, well I removed too much on the back and in BodyShop I had two big holes on the back, near each armpit. I feel already discouraged. I'm impatient when I have a project at heart (just one outfit, basically I want to be an AF dress with the original boots, lol). I started clothes recolouring last year, starting directly with custom meshes and this way from project alpha edits (I guess it's how you call it in English) I managed to successfully combine parts, especially to change the shoes on dresses - Maybe I'm a sort of Sims 2 shoes fetishist, lol !.

If I had luck to find some very adapted tutorials in French for those Bodyshop creations, and especially for Milkshape, I'd be really so happy. But unfortunately after hard search I only find the very essential ones, at quite often inactive French forums or Sims 2 sites.

It would have been so fine as well in SimPE to have options a little similar to Milkshape for teen to adult conversions (and reversed), especially for people who, like me, don't plan to work or modify body meshes on a regular basis. Anyway I truly admire people who find the time and energy to create meshes, correct them, etc. Again I'm a little bit discouraged for now. To me just converting a TF outfit to AF is like trying to climb the Hymalaya...
Test Subject
#111 Old 7th May 2011 at 3:45 AM Last edited by air737 : 7th May 2011 at 4:19 AM.
Help please, I love the tutorial it seems very simple...however I started encountering problems from the beginning... When I export any dress (I already tried others than the one shown in the tutorial) it ONLY appears in projects... I get nothing in my saved sims folder, I can't find anything that looks like this: " '5f3a3d82_TutorialDress.package' - 8 random characters" , I only have the TutorialDress.package in the project folder with no letter or number combinations prior to it. Next to it I just have three Texture Maps and that is it. And in SimPE I get completely different files than GMDC, GMND, SHPE, and CRES... I have : 3IDR , CLST, TXMT, GZPS, TXTR. Moreover, I tried working with just as it is... but because of that at the part 4 of the tutorial step 4, I am unable to open my mesh file...since SimPE tells me "Could not use this package. Either zero or multiple CRES or SHPE were found." What should I do?
Thank you,
Aireane.
Test Subject
#112 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 6:02 PM
Okay, I'm hoping that somewhere on here someone keeps their eye on this page, because I am a little confused / in need of help.

I've got the hang on making a mesh for female clothes, but its male clothes I am looking to make, I'd like to create a body mesh that is a stage before SBB or LBB, I've looked through and even tried typing in a few search ideas but this seems to be the best tutorial for body meshing, so here is my dilemma, so far any attempt at increasing the x & z on the full body has lead to some curious results, and selecting parts caused bodyshop to died on a few occasions.

I'm wondering what I need to do in order to make this mesh happen, are there some maxis meshes that are better than other for this or is it not possible, please help me :-)
Mad Poster
#113 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by destiny1331
I've got the hang on making a mesh for female clothes, but its male clothes I am looking to make, I'd like to create a body mesh that is a stage before SBB or LBB, I've looked through and even tried typing in a few search ideas but this seems to be the best tutorial for body meshing, so here is my dilemma, so far any attempt at increasing the x & z on the full body has lead to some curious results, and selecting parts caused bodyshop to died on a few occasions.

Male meshes are done the same way as female meshes. Unfortunately, there's no real formula for increasing or decreasing size that can be universally applied. You just have to play around with the vertices until it looks the way you want it to. (I'm not sure what SBB and LBB are... Bodybuilder meshes? Creating a whole new stage in the game is beyond the scope of this thread. Any meshes you make using this tutorial would be custom and would have to replace one of the existing stages.)

Quote: Originally posted by destiny1331
I'm wondering what I need to do in order to make this mesh happen, are there some maxis meshes that are better than other for this or is it not possible, please help me :-)

It's not impossible. The easiest thing to do would be to find a mesh that's the closest to how you want your mesh to eventually look, and then use that as a base. Beyond that, though, it's just a matter of playing around with the mesh in MilkShape until it's what you want.
Test Subject
#114 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:16 PM
Hey Fakepeeps7

Thanks for the reply, between your confirmation and HystericalParoxysm reply to a post I made generally I managed to create my before slim body builder / Lean Bodybuilder stage mesh and skin tone as well. It's just as you had said playing around in milkshape until things look like how I picture them. I found using either underwear or pj's give the best results and not only that but can be recoloured into skin tight trousers also.

Thanks again.
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 11:57 PM
Default Problems searching for Meshes from the sims 2 package on Simpe
I wanted to create my very first hair mesh now that I have the full version of Milkshape and Simpe. I followed the mesh creating instructions to the T, but I'm having trouble locating the GMDC mesh for the sims package I've chosen for the project. I couldn't find it on the Results portion of the Name Map Search and Resource List. I also could find the GMND, SHAPE and CRES meshes on the list to extract.

I tried to create them from using the Resource info tab. When I check the Generic Rcol Editor, I see no tab for geometric data container.

Did I do anything wrong in the process? Are the certain things that I overlooked or missed? Can you help me get the mesh groups of of the sims package? I apreciate your reply. Thanks.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#116 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 1:14 AM
Try searching using "afhairshortcute". Including the colour will just mess up your search.

A word of advice, though: If this is your first meshing project, I would recommend trying something like clothing rather than hair. Hair is bound to have multiple mesh groups and be a lot more complicated. Learn the basics of body meshing inside and out... and then tackle some hair.
Test Subject
#117 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 10:40 PM
I fallowed the whole Tuturial and everything but when i went to replace it in SimPE it wasnt in the folder i went threw and its there but its not showing up when i search for it in SimPe, did i do something wrong?
Test Subject
#118 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 1:53 PM
Hiya all! Im stuck on 'Part 3: 5 Find and Open Your Recolour' by using the sim mesh extractor. I find my recolour package in my saved sims folder, double click and SimPE comes up with the error message 'Not all parts could be found for mesh: Fiona Wine Lingerie'. im currently trying to edit this maxis full body mesh: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...m&user_id=72683

I cant see what i am doing wrong! I downloaded the sim from the sims exchange, opened up bodyshop and made a new project selecting the underwear that i want to edit, import it back into the game, and then when i try and extract the mesh in SimPE it comes up with that message! I must be reading or interpreting the tutorial wrong or having a completely blonde moment because all i can see at the moment is that i am meant to gather the mesh details through the recolour package in saved sims as is stated in the tutorial. Or.....does the fact that this downloaded maxis mesh from maxoidmonkey shows up as a custom file in bodyshop when you view it have something to do with it! Therefore am i having problems because SimPE thinks that this mesh is a custom mesh? In the beginning of this tutorial says 'You must use a Maxis mesh for this to work! Editing custom meshes is not covered in this tutorial, and will not work the same as described here' - if that is the case then my question would be how would you extract a custom mesh?

He-he, Im getting very confuzzled here - any and all help would be much appreciated

Come and visit my Sims2 site: MANKY SIMS

~Questions regarding my removed trekkie content, feel free to contact me~
Mad Poster
#119 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MankyUK
Or.....does the fact that this downloaded maxis mesh from maxoidmonkey shows up as a custom file in bodyshop when you view it have something to do with it! Therefore am i having problems because SimPE thinks that this mesh is a custom mesh? In the beginning of this tutorial says 'You must use a Maxis mesh for this to work! Editing custom meshes is not covered in this tutorial, and will not work the same as described here' - if that is the case then my question would be how would you extract a custom mesh?

A downloaded mesh will register as a custom mesh, even if it was from MaxoidMonkey (a custom mesh is any mesh that doesn't exist in the game files on your Sims 2 disks). You can edit custom meshes, though. Follow the regular instructions, using a Maxis mesh that's similar to your custom one (in this case, you could probably use some existing ladies' undies); make the recolour, build the mesh package, link the two packages together (as per the tutorial). Then open up your custom mesh package and export the GMDC. Edit that in MilkShape. Then, when you're ready to replace the GMDC in your new mesh package, use the GMDC you just edited.
Test Subject
#120 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 8:51 PM
Default Stuck at Step 4 again
I thought I would review the uni tut again. After linking I see a different dress than the one selected in Body Shop. Did Tutdress 2 and the same wrong dress showed again. Followed your suggestions about saving in the downloads, saving and opening simpe, etc. My skintone project worked at step 4 but when I imported the edited mesh the body dissapeared again. That is when I decided to do the unimesh tut again. So here I am with a similar problem. I don't see how the dress mesh could change unless BS saved the wrong dress. I have a feeling that Tutdress 3 would give the same result. Any suggestions?
Mad Poster
#121 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tontoinjun
I thought I would review the uni tut again. After linking I see a different dress than the one selected in Body Shop. Did Tutdress 2 and the same wrong dress showed again. Followed your suggestions about saving in the downloads, saving and opening simpe, etc. My skintone project worked at step 4 but when I imported the edited mesh the body dissapeared again. That is when I decided to do the unimesh tut again. So here I am with a similar problem. I don't see how the dress mesh could change unless BS saved the wrong dress. I have a feeling that Tutdress 3 would give the same result. Any suggestions?

What are you using for a base? Is it a Maxis mesh or a custom one? Are you sure you're doing the linking correctly (not saving until you've clicked on another resource, as per the instruction pop-up in SimPE)?
Test Subject
#122 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
What are you using for a base? Is it a Maxis mesh or a custom one?

Just Maxis for a base.

Are you sure you're doing the linking correctly (not saving until you've clicked on another resource, as per the instruction pop-up in SimPE)?

Yes, I am sure I am doing it correctly, I do click back to the 3dir to see if the numbers change and then save. The dress change at step 4 link checking suggest some form of paranormal activity going on with this win 7 machine. I plan to install sims 2 from disk on my xp machine and compare each step and numbers to sims double deluxe on the win 7 machine. In the past I have done all of these things with good results. Something is amiss and I promise I am going to get to the bottom of it.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tontoinjun
The dress change at step 4 link checking suggest some form of paranormal activity going on with this win 7 machine.

Aah, yes. Windows 7. Such a lovely piece of garbage. It's entirely possible that it's messing something up. (Meshing used to be a whole lot easier on my XP machine. I didn't have to do all the extra steps in SimPE and the Bone Tool in MilkShape actually worked.)

Let me know if you see a difference when you try your experiment.
Test Subject
#124 Old 13th Dec 2012 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Aah, yes. Windows 7. Such a lovely piece of garbage. It's entirely possible that it's messing something up. (Meshing used to be a whole lot easier on my XP machine. I didn't have to do all the extra steps in SimPE and the Bone Tool in MilkShape actually worked.)

Let me know if you see a difference when you try your experiment.

I found all of my problems! The first time through when you name Fix Integrity the Group ## were screwed up.

Another Fix Integrity, just click OK, and the Group ## straightened up to Ox1C050000.

Every thing is fine and works in Happy Valley. Not win 7 fault, just me following rote instructions with no understanding of what I was doing...still don't, just a slow learner, and a long way to go. Thanks for all your help and good advice.
Scholar
#125 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 2:29 PM
Default Can't run Milkshape-help please!
Hello, I was following this tutorial, everything was going fine until step 6, where it says 'Run Milkshape'.

I can't get Milkshape to run at all, I have clicked every way I can think of, a box pops up with 'do you want to allow the program to make changes to the computer, I click Yes, and nothing happens.

I'm using Windows 7 if that's relevant.

Thankyou
Page 5 of 7