Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:03 AM
Default Woohoo mod that lets you turn OFF autonomous woohoo?
I've been trying for a while now to find a woohoo mod that would let me:
1. Let most Sims woohoo autonomously
2. Let me turn off the ability to woohoo autonomously for certain Sims on a case-by-case basis
2a. But still have these Sims in celibate romances.

Does anybody know of one? I've been trying NRaas Woohooer, but that seems to operate on the assumption that Sims should always be able to woohoo their spouse/romantic partner (maybe I missed a setting?), and I don't necessarily want that to always be the case.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:01 AM
Well, you would definitely need a script mod to accomplish that. It's not so much that Woohooer insists that partners should be able to woohoo, it's that its settings apply equally to all sims rather than selectively so you get autonomous is either on or off townwide. Woohooer doesn't itself push sims to woohoo, it changes the conditions that must be met in order for two sims to successfully do so. The pushes for autonomy, if not switched off entirely, come from the game itself. There really isn't a way to dictate a class of woohoo enabled partnered sims vs. woohoo not enabled partnered sims, all other things being equal.

There might be some creative things you can do like use Woohooer to restrict woohoo to very small number of specific objects and then only allow partnered sims of your choice to have access to those objects. Beds and showers would probably be out of the question, but maybe only more obscure objects can be allowed like tents (WA) and treehouses (Generations). But that would be fairly unrealistic.

Afraid I don't know of another romance manager for TS3 that could work so selectively on the individual sim or household levels like StoryProgression does for other things.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:42 PM
You could set the threshold for autonomous to the maximum (I think it's called liking gate) of 100 and artificially lower their mutual relationship to something like 50 or 60. It would take inactives quite a long time to get to 100 and until then there won't be any woohoo between them.
I have set it to 60 and until then none of my couples, whether married, engaged or just lovers, have sex on their own.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
You could set the threshold for autonomous to the maximum (I think it's called liking gate) of 100 and artificially lower their mutual relationship to something like 50 or 60. It would take inactives quite a long time to get to 100 and until then there won't be any woohoo between them.
I have set it to 60 and until then none of my couples, whether married, engaged or just lovers, have sex on their own.

Yes, I did think of that but decided it would be almost as unrealistic as "Thou shalt not 'do it' anywhere in my world other than in treehouses" or something. But great if you can make it work that way and not botch up what should otherwise be fine romantic relationships.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:21 PM
I forgot to add that this is actually not really wanted in my games. A lot of pre-made couples are below 60 so I usually try to get them over 60 so that they can then finally do it like they should.
I think I have left the liking gate at 60 in order to prevent a continuous summer of love in case I remove the restriction for them to be in a romantic relationship. I don't want to see Bessy Clavell shagging half the town just because she is merely acquainted to them. And 60 seems okay as this would be the threshold for the Good Friends relation.
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 2:44 AM
You could try oniki's kinky mod found on lover's lab. it has lots of woohoo options including the autonomous woohoo option. You can enable and disable the options at any time as it appears in the sims menu when you click on something.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/432...ed-10-jan-2018/

you could ignore all the other stuff and just focus on the options you want. hope this helps ^^
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simkitty201
You could try oniki's kinky mod

Not sure that will do what is wanted selectively, on the sim by sim level across town. But if the OP has any interest in running NRaas mods as well, I wouldn't recommend that one as it's incompatible with many of them. It's not known for being conducive to ongoing games lasting for a long time, as in many generations, either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:17 PM
Thank you all for the replies!

- I did look briefly at the KinkyWorld mod, but igazor is correct: it sounds pretty unstable and likely to not play nice with other mods I have installed.
- The autonomous threshold is a possibility as long as it can be set by Sim. Though, in one of the couples I'm most concerned with both parties have a high Charisma, so they might make it back to 100 without help anyway.

I'm currently wondering about NRaas Retuner. Is it possible to use that to turn things off for one specific Sim? I'd have to manually set every single Woohooable object in the world, but hey, if that's the only option...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 4:10 PM
Woohooer settings are global, they cannot be set on the sim level. Only the actual relationship scores can be adjusted that way (using MC), not the threshold. Same with Retuner, I'm afraid -- the only kind of selectivity one gets there is by season. That's why if by object must be done, I was reaching for ones less commonly found in every home or community lot.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 3:35 PM
Maybe give the celibate sims a single bed? And only give them access to a bathtub or use NRaas Woohooer to turn of shower woohoo?