Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 7:41 AM
Default Caw Defogger ini Override
Caw Defogger ini Override

Right now in Caw, if you want to turn the fog off, you also render the water clear.

These two packages override the default ini setting for fog.
  • The Caw Defogger.package goes in the Programs(x86) Packages folder in your Caw Framework. If you just want to get ride of the fog in Caw, this is the only one you'll need.
  • The In Game EIG Defogger.package goes in your Documents Mods folder. It will alter the ingame fog for clear days only. I made this .package to test if it will alleviate the dense fog some people have experienced in EIG. If you have this problem, please test, and report back.

When you open Caw up, you'll need to click on View, open up the Time of Day menu, and slide the Cloudiness bar all the way to the left. For best results under Camera settings, slide the LOD Transition Distance bar all the way to the right.

Here are some before and after pics.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Caw Defogger.7z (1.5 KB, 167 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  In Game EIG Defogger.7z (1.5 KB, 110 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 4:08 PM
Lovely, Lynds!

Will test it out for my next world fix. I can probably cut down the steps to create my aerial maps for the dotted images with these! No more image manipulations.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 8:33 PM
this is awesome! the fog on/off switch is very irritating as is. you go from barely being able to see anything for all the fog, to seeing way too much of the map with it off. lol so silly. anyway thanks for this little tweak! will be testing it out right now as i build my world. :D
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 6:39 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:11 PM. Reason: typo
Lynds, does this need updating for IP?

It is still foggy in Isla Paradiso when I zoom out. But in Riverview it appears to still be working. There're a few _INI resources in Isla Paradiso.world with some of those Fog parameters you edited, but I'm not entirely sure which _INI to edit. Or, it if indeed that is what is needed. Help!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:04 PM
Unfortunately this only works if you don't have custom ini files engaged either with the Config folder, or directly in the .world file. Custom ini files trumps the package override. So, you will have to remove the ini & color ramps that go with IP while you're working with it in caw, then replace them before export.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:46 AM
Thanks, Lynds.

I never did check the use of this mod in the worlds that I've released the fixes for, and I've only done this yesterday to analyze why it works for some and not others. So looks like I have to design a workaround for the worlds with the _INI embedded in them. Do I take out the whole batch of _INIs, or is there a specific one that controls the world's fogginess from a distance? Looks like I have some studying of that "Sea, Sky and Light parameters" thread that someone in #create reminded me of (thanks, baka!).

I don't use SuperCAW when doing the world fixes, anyway, so I don't have a Configs folder. And that's one thing I can cross off as a root cause. Which is good!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:28 AM
When you open up the .world with s3pe, you can delete the ini and color ramps, then just import them back in before export. The color ramps are IMG files. I've got the files extracted here that need to be deleted.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  EP10 ini & Color Ramps.7z (11.4 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 8:43 AM
I'll give it a go and let you know.

Will this get rid of the fog on all the worlds or just one?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 10:27 AM
The in game one will alter it for all worlds that do not have their own ini files such as Sunset Valley & Riverview. I think all the other EA worlds have ini files of their own that would override this package. You probably won't even notice the difference in game, but you can just pull the .package out when you're not using caw.