Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 3:17 PM Last edited by missy harries : 24th Apr 2013 at 7:18 PM. Reason: Updating
Default missy's CAW Stuff, roads & terrain. UPDATE: No road detail added
Updates
24/04/13 - Added a no detail for roads and updated CAW images to include it

Well I have an unfortunate habit of wiping my hard drive every so often, I just get an urge to start clean and fresh so I end up losing a lot of stuff I've made as a result I just thought I'd start sharing what I've done so far this time round since none of it is actually that bad and someone else may like to use them

Here are some seamless road and pave textures with matching terrain.

There is a tarmac road texture with terrain paint scaled to match.

In game with the no detail

Pave textures.

I've included the corner texture but it is made to match the tarmac.

Grunge brick/cobble textures

A good example of road + paint with grunge pave + paint working together with an invisi pave

Hopefully the file names speak for themselves and I'll include the invisible pavement in case you don't have one.
Feel free to use and hope you enjoy

P.S. I just used default normals and the invisi pave is for the Opacity map.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Seamless Tarmac Road & Terrain.7z (887.9 KB, 826 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  City Pave & terrain.7z (240.5 KB, 720 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Grunge Tile Pave & Terrain.7z (116.2 KB, 747 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Invsi Pave.7z (222 Bytes, 646 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  missy_No detail.7z (6.0 KB, 587 downloads) - View custom content

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:49 AM
This may not be the appropriate place to ask, but how does the invisible pavement work? (I've been considering a "Walking Dead World" with fake highways to pile abandoned vehibles on and an "invisible" real road on the grass/median.) This sounds like it would be perfect but I don't know how to set up the custom road in this case. I get confused by the "normals" and so forth. Thanks for your help and your lovely textures!
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 8:38 AM
Use THIS as the base for sidewalk, normal map and opacity, and as a corner, crosswalk and normal map of the corner.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 10:22 AM Last edited by missy harries : 23rd Apr 2013 at 9:17 PM.
For total invisible sidewalk any random texture will do as long as the opacity map is in.

Just put the road texture you want to use in all the texture fields including the corner, put the black invisi pave image in the Opacity Map and use the dirt road normals that come in the default texture folder then your good to go

The only downside to doing it like that is a big block road which is why matching terrain paint comes in handy, it lets you blend out to avoid that block!
Screenshots

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply