Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#176 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 3:45 AM
Thanks in advance to everyone for your help! I'm getting a WinRAR "Access is Denied" error message when I try to extract the "RuinsStation" zip into CAW. I've not had this problem, to my knowledge, with anything else I've downloaded to use in CAW. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 11:47 PM
Simmy, don't extract straight into CAW. Keep them in your PC downloads folder and select extract here, then cut and paste into CAW. Are you running WinRAR as administrator?
Scholar
#178 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 12:07 AM
Thanks, fluttereyes, that worked! I am running as an administrator for Windows 7 so I would assume that I am for WinRAR as well, but I still got a dialog box asking for permission to extract the file. I didn't find a setting about administrator in WinRAR. Strange that I've not had this problem before. I appreciate your help!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#179 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 4:21 PM
Whether you are an administrator or not does not matter on Win 7; you still only have limited access to the system locations (e.g, Program Files). This is why it's often easier to install your games like Sims 3 to a location not protected by UAC, such as C:\ Games.
Test Subject
#180 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 2:48 PM
I've been fiddling about with Riverview and I've used your bridges, distant terrain and windmill derrick which all work great but my Riverview was missing a lot of the fencing around the fields, the barn and the car wreck.

After much searching I coudln't find them for download anywhere so I followed the instructions linked to in this thread and i've managed to extract them from the world file.

They worked fine in CAW but didn't show up in game until I put the package files in my mods folder, then they showed up fine and also in the world editor. I'm assuming this is because they are like the bridges and distant terrain and from the world file. I just used the same package file in both is that right? or is there anything else I should have done seeing as you have separate files for your in game bridges?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#181 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 9:46 PM
Making objects show up in CAW also makes them show up in the World Editor mode in the Sims 3, so for the bridges and the Distant terrain I did not want that to happen (as it would be possible to place them in World Editor mode and not be able to grab them to delete them). So, I released two versions- one modded to show up in CAW/ World editor to go in CAW, and one to not show up in catalog to be used in-game.

So for your objects, you don't need to have two versions as your items will be okay to be placed in world editor mode too, since they are not huge (like the DT) or sinking into the ground (as the bridges do).

Yes, if the objects were in the world file then they are exactly as the bridge and DT- they will only be accessible if the world is being played, which is why you have to clone them.

If you'd like to share your items, you could post them here or make your own thread here in the resources forum- then I can link them in the first post. I know many people would like them!
Test Subject
#182 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:59 AM
Ah that makes sense, I can see why you did two downloads now.

Yes i'll happily share them, i've been playing for a while in a modded Riverview but it's amazing how much the countryside lacks without the little extras like the fencing, there's a lot of it. I'm sure others will like them too, plus the long splitrail is handy as doing a long fence with the short bit currently in CAW must be rather tedious.

Okay I wrote down the names.

Barn no vane = shows up as Barn in CAW and is the second barn in the list.

Car = shows up as NBH Car Wreck (it looks identical to the other wrecked car in CAW and world editor but this one shows up in Riverview)

Fences are listed in this order in CAW

Fence Farm Long = white long fence
Fence Farm Long = long split rail (matches the existing splitrail and post)
Fence Farm Post = white post
Fence Farm Rail = white three section fence
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Cali_Riverview_BarnFencesCar.7z (392.8 KB, 601 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#183 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 7:55 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459105

They look kinda like the fences I already did.. Though they're probably not.. CAW seems to have doubles of nearly everything.

Actually, they're not. Nevermind. hahahaha. *downloads*

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
#184 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TVRdesigns
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459105

They look kinda like the fences I already did.. Though they're probably not.. CAW seems to have doubles of nearly everything.

Actually, they're not. Nevermind. hahahaha. *downloads*

I know what you mean though, same model practically, I guess each place has to have it's own version as not everybody will have each world depending on expansions owned, so they can't share resources unless it's base game stuff.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#185 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 11:50 PM
Thank you Calislahn, those will be very useful! I've linked to your download in the first post.
Field Researcher
#186 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 9:09 AM
My concern starts here: Question abt Barnacle Bay wall and bridge
picture of said items
Quote: Originally posted by bradyseitz
I am trying to get a couple things from Barnacle Bay, the bridge and seawalls.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No, you shouldn't have to make a complete clone, although it depends upon how the objects are stored in Barnacle Bay. You should just need an OBJD override.

However, for the bridges and distant terrain, (...) For that reason I had to make a clone, and that means that people need to have my cloned objects installed to play a world made with them, as you cannot have two worlds loaded by the game at once. (...)

So, for your Barnacle Bay items (explanation) Then, people only need to have BB installed to make it work.

Quote: Originally posted by bradyseitz
Ok. The Buccaneer Bridge and Salty Sea Walls were in the .world file, (...) imported that into a new file and changed the required parts in s3pe. (..) got them to work correctly. (...)
*EDIT*

Yep, I need to have the BB objects in my game mods to.

This bridge and the wall looks lovely. I do have Riverview and Barnacle Bay, but I understood like 1% of the talk of the guys. Something about copying, cloning, modyfying, saving both in CaW and normal downloads, else they won't work properly - but every shiney detail was like babbling chinese to me (not meant offensive, I'm just lost).

Is there a way for "dummies" to get this bridge / wall to work as a stand alone object in CaW to work with them as with "regular bridges / walls"? Or do I have to ask and pray and hope that someone else does some magic and uploads it for the rest of the Simming-population?

Still struggling with CAW :x
Field Researcher
#187 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:29 AM
Question on these - for the CAW items (such as the Riverview bridges), do we still need to do a framework for CAW? I know for the main game, it's different now (package folder in the mod folder, and that all works great), so wondering if it's also different for CAW, or if we still have to do all those changes listed on the first page. LOVING some of this stuff (especially the picnic spot!)!
Field Researcher
#188 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 11:52 PM
Yeah, you still have to install the custom framework. Otherwise there isn't any place to put the files you're downloading.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Forum Resident
#189 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kathascha2

Is there a way for "dummies" to get this bridge / wall to work as a stand alone object in CaW to work with them as with "regular bridges / walls"? Or do I have to ask and pray and hope that someone else does some magic and uploads it for the rest of the Simming-population?

I didn't realize they hadn't been done yet. I'll take a look, and see if I can't package them up in the next few days.
Scholar
#190 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thank you Calislahn, those will be very useful! I've linked to your download in the first post.

Thanks very much for doing this, simsample, but the link is not working. It says something about restricted access ...

Also, I've looked through these threads but have not found any of the "in game" vehicles like the "clunker" (the first transport for going to work at the lowest levels), "old lemon", etc. available to use in CAW and / or "buydebug". Have I missed them? We are so limited as to vehicles to use in world building or community lots. (I don't have Fast Lane and I'm working on "big city" worlds so need lots of vehicles.) Thanks so much for everyone's efforts in these threads! It's helped so much with world/lot building!
Field Researcher
#191 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TVRdesigns
Yeah, you still have to install the custom framework. Otherwise there isn't any place to put the files you're downloading.

OK, so do we do it "old style", or just place a Mods folder with a package folder in the CAW, as we do for the main game? Needless to say, I am so NOT a tech type, lol! Thanks for the response!
Forum Resident
#192 Old 20th Oct 2012 at 10:27 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#193 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Thanks very much for doing this, simsample, but the link is not working. It says something about restricted access ...

Fixed, thanks for pointing it out!
Instructor
#194 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:22 AM
I have downloaded the food truck parking space, and placed it in Mods/Packages folder, but only the food truck show up. The parking space did not show up. What's the matter?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#195 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 3:28 PM
SimsMatthew, it shows up for me, so check your install and look in the catalog again. It looks like this:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...9&postcount=144
Test Subject
#196 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 9:34 PM
Maybe a strange question... But do you need the EP's to install the stuff?
Forum Resident
#197 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 6:32 AM
Yes, you need the EP's installed. Basically the coding in these items did not come enabled to show up in the metadata for caw. Simsample, and others have opened up the files, changed a couple things so they will show up in caw for us, but only if you have the items to begin with.
Sockpuppet
#198 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 12:32 PM
Thank you very much !
Test Subject
#199 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 5:03 PM Last edited by Bordew5 : 28th Mar 2013 at 1:50 AM.
Would it be possible to unlock these skeletons and sculptures from pets in buydebug, like you did with the food truck and such? They'd be really useful for decorating museums
Field Researcher
#200 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 10:37 PM
Hi guys,
I've unlocked several world deco objects from University world using this helpful tutorial. These are OBJD files merged into one package.
You can find them in CAW as:
boat house
dilapidated theater screen
dilapidated theater hut
old docks
rundown cabin

University EP should be installed to be able to use the package.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  UniversityCAW.rar (786 Bytes, 509 downloads) - View custom content

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Page 8 of 11