Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 8:59 AM
Default Sims3Pack files & Resource.cfg
Hey would anyone happen to know if editing the Resource.cfg file to read sims3pack files as such would work?

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.Sims3Pack
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.Sims3Pack

I'm just curious as seeing that most people will upload content in Sims3Pack format, that it takes forever to install many downloaded content files using the launcher. I would try it, but I'm scared to
Advertisement
Giblets for hire
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 9:26 AM
Sims3Pack won't work like that, they are meant to be installed (instead of doing them one at a time, download them and install them all at once), your other lines will work though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:00 PM
Ah thanx Rick, the only problem with installing every sims3pack files at once is that I get an error message saying that the game is already running (when its not, its just referring to the installer) and it only installs the first file at the top of the list, so I'm forced to install each one individually. Which is why I asked if this would be another way to install these files.
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:18 PM
It should be easy enough to make a BATCH FILE that will bulk-install files individually.

Someone who has Sims3, please open Folder Options to the File Types tab, and give me the command line for installing a single *.Sims3Pack file.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
A multi-installer already exists: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool....php?topic=53.0

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
A multi-installer already exists: http://www.simlogical.com/Sims3Tool....php?topic=53.0

Ahh thats what that program is for, thanx for pointing that out. Aww sweet, it even repacks them to package files tehe this is cool.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:51 AM
Can anyone tell me how to install .sims3pack file? i double click it and it ask me to choose a program to open with...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:47 PM
wayrnson: You need to use the EA Launcher or one of the other tools to install them.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:45 AM
why i install the custom content, nothing happen on my the sims 3... no custom lot, no custom sims, why? i already follow the step, 1) install the monkey, 2) install the Sims3pack multi installer, extract the sims3pack file into a package file, then use the monkey install helper to install the package file into the sims 3, but nothing custom content add into the The Sims 3, how? Please help me, teach me the step more specifically...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by william623
why i install the custom content, nothing happen on my the sims 3... no custom lot, no custom sims, why? i already follow the step, 1) install the monkey, 2) install the Sims3pack multi installer, extract the sims3pack file into a package file, then use the monkey install helper to install the package file into the sims 3, but nothing custom content add into the The Sims 3, how? Please help me, teach me the step more specifically...

If you have a .sims3pack, simply open it with the launcher. If you have a package file, put it in Mods/Packages. You don't need to extract a package file out of a Sims3Pack.
Site Helper
#11 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 5:22 PM
If you want to avoid the Launcher, then you *do* need to extract the package files out of the Sims3Pack. There are several tools which will do the extraction for you.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If you want to avoid the Launcher, then you *do* need to extract the package files out of the Sims3Pack. There are several tools which will do the extraction for you.

Can you point out which programs there are for that? I am hoping for a program that I can associate with it like a .zip file, and clicking on it will pop up the content and I choose where to unzip to.

I have something called sims3pack Extractor, and it can not be associated with .sims3pack. Each time I want to open a sims3pack I have to run the program and slowly point to source and destination folder. And since my mod folders are not directly near root, this clicking process is too inconvenient and gets old very fast when you have 10-20 sims3pack to open at once.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 9:51 AM
tomomi: You know the Multi-Sims3Pack Extractor remembers your last locations, right? So if you point it to the same folder once, you dont need to do it again.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
tomomi: You know the Multi-Sims3Pack Extractor remembers your last locations, right? So if you point it to the same folder once, you dont need to do it again.

Yep, the problem is I don't put them into 1 big folder as I first started TS2, it would be like searching needle in the hay stack. It is true that it points toward my last location (which of course helps a bunch), I can click away to a nearby location. However, I still can not associate .sims3pack with Extractor, or right click and choose to "Open With ..."

It may sound like like I am lazy, but when I have to deal with large amount of files, doing extra repetitive works may be extremely tedious. Oh well, hope something comes along or this is what I have to work with.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 2:21 AM
whenever i try to install new sims3pack its stop when it's 2/10 through installing and the box will close.

Also when I go on the game when the splash screen (after the little movie) loads 1/3 it crashes to the desktop PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by givy
whenever i try to install new sims3pack its stop when it's 2/10 through installing and the box will close.

Also when I go on the game when the splash screen (after the little movie) loads 1/3 it crashes to the desktop PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

givy, your reply may be off topic. But ... have you tried installing 1 by 1 .sims3pack instead of all of them at the same time?

If your game crashes on loading, chances are your CC is conflicting. Try clearing 4 cache files and run the game again.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 7:26 AM
I downloaded a bathing suit top as a .sims3pack file and I used the sims 3 launcher or whatever popped up after the download finsihed. I installed it to my game but can't find it, can someone help?
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:08 AM
Hey,

For those who are interested, I recently read something that helped a great deal. Although I am super thankful for the multi extractor tool, I was loosing things, I liked how the EA tool kept track of it but the Tool was driving me bonkers. 1 at a time ARE YOU KIDDING ME. So I went looking for a better solution.

If you download a whole bunch of .sims3pack files. And don't want to do them 1 at a time follow these steps:

1. Go to your Downloads folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/the sims 3)

2. I Have a folder on my desktop that I save my downloads too. You can then drag and drop your sims3pack files from said folder or wherever, into the Downloads folder.

3. Open the EA Launcher. and under downloads. They will be there but not installed. Check off all check marks and Click install.

4. It Installs all of them in one batch. In the time it used to take 1 sims3pack to install, you can now do 80 or more.

Just thought this could help.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Please go to Help with issues such as this