Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 12:13 AM
British sockets are scary as fuck. They just stare at you, menacingly. But stepping on one of the plugs...

(Eternal pain and regret)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:52 AM
The spider that was in the corner five minutes ago isnt there now.
Inventor
#53 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
British sockets are scary as fuck. They just stare at you, menacingly. But stepping on one of the plugs...

(Eternal pain and regret)

it's far worse than stepping on left out lego. and the socket faces are upside down, which is twice as bad, if not worser.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
it's far worse than stepping on left out lego.

I entirely concur. When my son was small I regularly impaled myself on left out lego - to the point where I was beginning to wonder if lego was actually the invention of the Marquis de Sade.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:36 AM
Now I am scared of meeting a pair of penis pants in rl. I think I need some eye bleach!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#56 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
I entirely concur. When my son was small I regularly impaled myself on left out lego - to the point where I was beginning to wonder if lego was actually the invention of the Marquis de Sade.

But then you realized that the Marquis de Sade would never have invented something that could bring so much joy to children and childish adults (seriously- I still maintain that the hardest thing about being a "mature, functional adult" is that I can't spend all my money on LEGOs...), right?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#57 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 9:29 PM
I'm really frightened of slugs and snails. If I see one I have to cross the road to avoid it, and will usually have a nightmare that night.
Theorist
#58 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 5:41 AM
My maybe biggest fear possible would be losing my both parents, though they are not ill and not that extremely old (my mother will age up to 59 this wednesday).

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:06 PM
I fear being alone, almost as much as I fear being in crowds of mean, invasive, smelly HUMANS.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#60 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Same with death, same with fire. I'm always questioning life and death in my head, occasionally aloud, and with fire, hopefully I won't break my legs jumping out the window onto a matress.

But what still upsets and scares me slightly, which has been a problem for my whole autistic life are fire alarms.

Well you can tell why.

omg i can relate to that all especially with life & death one & i'm afraid of fire alarms too
Test Subject
#61 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 8:06 AM
I have pogonophobia (the dislike or fear of beards) and I also have odobenophobia (fear of walruses), they freak me out so much.
Instructor
#62 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:38 PM
Being disliked by other people, my paranoia can get pretty bad at times and I'll be absolutely convinced, even if there isn't anything substantial to back that up. It's one of my more petty fears, even something inconsequential like getting dislikes on something i'm saying here can send me off on kind of a "oh man what if everyone here secretly hates my guts" ruse hahaha
Inventor
#63 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:58 AM
Mice, having one run down the side of your head in the middle of the night will do that to you.

Getting head lice. I'm paranoid and hyper vigilant about it. Literally, I break out the fine toothed comb every time my head itches. I have also gotten out of bed to comb more than once.

I'm also afraid of stinking and being in situations where I wouldn't be able to bathe regularly.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Well, if we're going to include the completely ridiculous, there-is-no-good-reason-to-be-afraid-of-this, wholly irrational fears, I cannot seem to convince myself that i don't need to fear accidentally drinking the fabric softener like it's a shot of whiskey when I'm doing the laundry. I've never even come close to doing it, I don't know anyone who's done it, and I've never even heard stories of anyone doing it, but still- every time I do the laundry, I go through that same routine in my head... "add water, add dirty clothes, add detergent, add fabric softener AND DON'T DRINK IT DAMMIT, run machine..."

I have a similar fear of the garbage disposal. It started many, many years ago when I read a Stephen King book where a man purposefully stuck his hand in one. It was many years later before I even had one. Everytime I looked at it, I would have to tell myself that I didn't have to put my hand in it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#65 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 3:14 PM
I have irrational intrusive thoughts like that... "Don't drink the bleach", "Make sure you don't accidentally jump off this 5 story balcony", "Don't accidentally lick the bath bomb", "I hope the iron doesn't somehow fall on my hand", "Don't run over anyones fingers while ice skating" to name a few...
Never have I ever done any of those things, nor known anyone who has.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#66 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 4:01 PM
Anytime I've ever been on the roof of a building or a lookout over a mountain, I have to tell myself not to jump. It's weird. I'm not suicidal, but it's like I have a fear that my body might just leap of its own accord. The human mind is strange.

I'm afraid of the full moon. I know that's stupid. But, when I was a little girl, I used to dream that the full moon came down to Earth when I was asleep and could peek through my window, and reaching out a long, pale arm, snatch me up. that was a long time ago, but I still don't like to look at the full moon.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#67 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 11:02 PM
Insanely afraid of being left alone longer than 2 days. I like time to myself, but I live in an isolated glen which, compared to the mostly urban suburb I lived in, is a bit of a shock, because between 2007 and 2016, I was able to take advantage of public transportation in Snohomish and King County. I live in a farming community, so that means a car is necessary to get from Point A to Point B. The only places I can get to on foot is the town hall, the post office and the general store. I'm not fond of driving. Somehow the driving of other people is just as shitty as back in Washington. I usually need a person on the 3rd day if the housesitting last longer than 3 days to spend time with me.

Isolation for days on end is my main fear. My concern is that I am left to languish with insanity.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#68 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 11:19 PM
I'm afraid of any one thing that can replicate and soon become a nightmare. It sounds like nanobots or a virus, but the idea is something innocuous becoming a forever problem with no way out even by killing yourself.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DereDere
I have pogonophobia (the dislike or fear of beards) and I also have odobenophobia (fear of walruses), they freak me out so much.

I take it that Jamie Hyneman would make you shit your pants. Trust me, your fear is nothing to be upset about when you compare it to mine.

Personally, for the duration of 1st through 6th grade, I was scared of being consumed by fire. I lived in apartments prior to high school and my biggest nightmare was to die in an apartment fire.

In fact, most, if not, all fears are by extension a fear of death. In all seriousness, I doubt facial hair or walruses are common fears that have a super direct link to the fear of death.

However, social phobias might have a link to a bad experience. I actually won't eat sandwiches after a private school teacher force-fed me one and held me against my will.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#70 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 4:29 PM
I was afraid of the dark before and the night too but you know, I don't actually have any fears anymore because what is there to be afraid of in the dark? a monster? strange noises? It's all in your mind, and what about a little spider that can't hurt you? (unless it bites...Or goes up ya pants! *shivers*).
But the only thing that really scares me is death or if I fall terribly ill.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Inventor
#71 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 6:50 AM
About a month ago I was scared shitless over a huge roach that invaded my room. That night when I was on my laptop, I was hearing some crackling noises of my empty Subway bag on the floor, and when I shifted my trash bin next to it this little monster sprinted underneath my desk chair then under my bed. I was living in fear of this thing until the following night when I had no choice but to use my only arsenal to try killing it, which was a bottle of windex. Haven't seen it again after my attempt, so either it died somewhere or I averted it because of the Windex's potent smell.

That was honestly the first time a roach really frightened me. Most other times I'd jump a little at the first sight of them but would gain enough courage to poke them for fun. Even the other day I encountered a smaller, more adolescent roach and wasn't afraid for a second.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Instructor
#72 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:05 PM
to be honest i'm more afraid of losing someone by death or when someone is about to die then the death in general.

sure i'm afraid of being be death in bed (or whenever i am) but i'm more afraid of losing someone because i'll lose myself a lot too.

to some friends you could tell your little secret and most of the times they didn't tell it to anyone
or a friend who you can make jokes around,
there's different type of friends but if i lose one of my friends i'll lose myself too because you can't makes jokes around or to tell them your little secret and so forth!
Inventor
#73 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:36 PM
That's how I feel whenever my little birds have died over time. It just doesn't feel the same the next day, like something is definitely missing. Won't even be able to chirp with them anymore or observe their usual activities. Whenever I talk to my birds, it always cheers me up.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Instructor
#74 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
That's how I feel whenever my little birds have died over time. It just doesn't feel the same the next day, like something is definitely missing. Won't even be able to chirp with them anymore or observe their usual activities. Whenever I talk to my birds, it always cheers me up.

i can relate it to that, maybe not to the birds since i never had any animals in house,

but i do know how it feels like to lose a part of yourself, last year my grandfather died of old age and his illness (not cancer though) and after he had died i haven't been myself ever since,

and sometimes i still think he's still alive when i know he isn't anymore and i'm not that proud of,

my grandmother died almost 10 years ago, a day before valentine but i was just a child so i didn't knew my grandmother too well
but she died of cancer (she has that for almost 2 years last time i hear the conversations of my parents) but i got over that one day after accepting the fact she won't come back to earth anymore

i lost 2 other people aswell who i knew, one of them died of cancer too and someone else wanted to end up his own life because he became depressed after his wife (i knew) died of cancer.
he was lonely even though he had 3 children and grandchildren to take care of and he was in a lot of pain so he decided to end up his own life and commited suicide

i didn't stopped crying after hearing from my parents he killed himself (euthanasia or whatever you called that) my parents got news about him and little did i knew it has anything to do with the one i used to knew because i heard an conversation to my parents about him and how much he missed his wife and all

and sometimes i still think (atleast that's what my feelings are saying) that the 2 of them are still alive even though when i know they won't come back to earth anymore

i was on holidays with them (2 of my parents's friends i used to knew) and sometimes i happen to think i hear them or that i am seeing thinks especially to the 2 friends of my parents while on turkey

i don't know how to get over that shit even faster but it's like i'm kinda losing myself like i said earlier when someone is dying or just about to die
Alchemist
#75 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:46 PM
Life. And spiders. Fuck spiders.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!