Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Candle Making - Base Game

by icemunmun Posted 4th Apr 2018 at 11:45 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2022 at 7:54 PM by icemunmun : Updated for cottage Living

217 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 9
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 6:03 PM
This is an amazing mod!! I just downloaded it but I'm sure I'll use it I love making candles irl but I never knew that this was something i needed in the sims
Field Researcher
#77 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 5:51 PM
Is there any change you will be making this mod for the sims 3 . It looks amazing!!!!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 5th May 2018 at 5:45 AM
Love it. wish it was a flirty and angry candle tho.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 5th May 2018 at 2:18 PM
what an amazing idea for a mod i cant wait to try this out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:18 PM
This is amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:33 AM
very nice!!! Thank you!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#82 Old 14th May 2018 at 8:53 AM
This is amazing, thank you!!
Test Subject
#83 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:24 AM
I have both files in my mods folder however the box and station aren't in my game. I see all the different candles in debug catalog but that's they only thing that got transferred. Might I have done something wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 18th May 2018 at 7:07 PM
This is amazing! Great job :)
Test Subject
#85 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:34 PM
This doesn't work lmfao. At all. Doesn't even show up in the game.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#86 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monne1007
I have both files in my mods folder however the box and station aren't in my game. I see all the different candles in debug catalog but that's they only thing that got transferred. Might I have done something wrong?

Quote: Originally posted by cinnasim213
This doesn't work lmfao. At all. Doesn't even show up in the game.

Redownload, use 7zip to unpack, make sure that you have the latest version of the mod. Also check that you have a correct resource.cfg file in your mods folder. Search by 'candle'

It is a known issue that in some games, objects with custom tunings do not show up though ( often the resource.cfg needs to be redownloaded)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 27th May 2018 at 2:12 AM
Очень крутой мод! Будет ли перевод на русский?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:59 PM
this is such a cool mod!! do you think you'll have candles that give of romantic moodlets some time soon?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#89 Old 29th May 2018 at 9:17 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#90 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:17 PM
Thank you! I love this mod and it works good <3
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 31st May 2018 at 2:48 PM
Hey, icemunmun.

Thank you for this awesome mod.

It took quite a while but I finished the German translation for it.

Thank you for always putting so much time and love in these things.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  icemunmun_CandleMaking_GER.zip (8.8 KB, 18 downloads)
Description: S4S String-Files
Test Subject
#92 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:20 PM
Is there a Polish version of the mod?
If not, could I make one? I'm quite confident with my English but friends of mine have never learnt English/German/Spanish. I'm myself really interested in your hard work ad would love to share my experience with them but I'm the only polylingual in the group.
If you're not against it, I would love it if you considered my request. I've never done the translating of the mod though so I might need a little pice of advice.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hiruko
Is there a Polish version of the mod?
If not, could I make one? I'm quite confident with my English but friends of mine have never learnt English/German/Spanish. I'm myself really interested in your hard work ad would love to share my experience with them but I'm the only polylingual in the group.
If you're not against it, I would love it if you considered my request. I've never done the translating of the mod though so I might need a little pice of advice.
Looking forward to hearing from you

I would be really grateful if you can do the translations! I am attaching the package file containing the english string. Yo need to ; -

1. Open the package in sims 4 studio
2. Click on a string --> edit items ----> replace the english text with the translated text
3. Now you need to Change the Instance under key. The first two numbers of an english string is 00. For other languages the numbers are -

Code:
00 : "ENG_US" 02 : "CHT_CN" 03 : "CZE_CZ" 04 : "DAN_DK" 05 : "DUT_NL" 06 : "FIN_FI" 07 : "FRE_FR" 08 : "GER_DE" 0B : "ITA_IT" 0C : "JPN_JP" 0D : "KOR_KR" 0E : "NOR_NO" 0F : "POL_PL" 11 : "POR_BR" 12 : "RUS_RU" 13 : "SPA_ES" 15 : "SWE_SE"

So replace the 00 with 0F for Polis, 08 for german etc

4. repeat for the other string

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 3:27 PM
great mod i love it i make candles myself in real life so having this in my game for my character adds a lot for me! briliant! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#95 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 6:48 PM
Hello! This mod looks fantastic but it will not work in my game. I have new newest version installed and there is nothing to unzip. I have tried putting it in a folder and without a folder and it still does not show up. I love your mods so I really hope you might be able to troubleshoot this with me. Thanks!
Test Subject
#96 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:21 PM
Default Maybe you need Chinese translation?
Maybe you need Chinese translation?
There is not a every good job. I hope you will like it.
This is the translation for base package.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_80000000_000000001C977C0C%%+STBL.zip (2.5 KB, 29 downloads)
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#97 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mhly
Maybe you need Chinese translation?
There is not a every good job. I hope you will like it.
This is the translation for base package.

Hey, you seem to have attached the English strings
Test Subject
#98 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Hey, you seem to have attached the English strings

oh.sorry! I don't know why this file became English after export!
I have updated the contents of these two files.
Hopefully there are no problem this time.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  base.zip (2.6 KB, 41 downloads)
File Type: zip  candle.zip (5.1 KB, 43 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM Last edited by asophie99 : 27th Jun 2018 at 9:50 PM.
Impatient to see your soap update!
Why not then thinking about essential oils & even perfumes...♥

edit + 1 for the idea of "light a candle" as an accomplishment for events..!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 1:36 AM
This mod is amazing! Although Season came with the official Beekeeper Box, can you make the mod works with it in term of the wax producing? (Make it produce wax I think?)
Also I heard that you will update soap making too and I'm very excited for that, is it possible to make some of the candles give certain emotional vibe while it's lit?
Page 4 of 9