Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:36 AM
Love how it's coming along. It's great to see Riverview in a whole new light. Beautiful houses, Beautiful layout of the neighborhood, it's just Beautiful!
I can't wait til it's done and if you ever need someone to test it out *points at self* i'd be happy to do so :D
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 1:13 AM
Another home done. Again, it has a basement and an attic although they are not furnished other than light fixtures and wall/flooring. The attic does have two rooms, as does the basement so it would allow a decent expansion if the family grew (or if I choose not to populate and someone else moves someone in).

I have an idea of the family that would live here, even though I haven't decided if I am populating or not. The idea behind it is: Woman and husband live together; woman's parents are elderly and no longer can live on their own so they live in the spare room. The woman and her husband also have a young adult daughter who gets pregnant and, shortly after giving birth, abandons her newborn daughter to find fame and fortune in the city. So now this new grandma (who is quite young to be a grandma) is not only taking care of her parents, but her new granddaughter as well. The garage area has a workbench for the tinkering old man (her father).

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#53 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:16 AM
OooOO I love that house heaven :D

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Instructor
#54 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:27 AM
I'm so jealous of you people that have such an amazing grasp of the CFE tool!! Beautiful house!!!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 4:52 PM
I am pleased to announce that I ran a test game today to see how everything went and the world is running beautifully. No lag, no routing issues, nothing bad to report. I did notice some flowers clipping into a wall of a house so I shall have to fix that and some other small things. However, I do believe that I may be releasing a beta version, just so other people can play and test for me as well, since I am not so much a simmer as builder and some of you may catch things that I missed. Please be on the lookout in the near future!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:17 PM
I think the original idea of riverview came from my city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The city hall here sits on an island in the middle of the Cedar River.

ANYWAY.
I love your idea! It's like showing an Urban side of Riverview we've never seen before, not even in Cedar Rapids.

I like the split level, I always have trouble creating split levels. xD
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:39 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:05 AM.
Okay, so the BETA is finally up. I know, I know it took me a week to do but I had an idea and didn't want to wait to start it! Forgive me.

EDIT: Updated beta is now located below. Please refer to that for testing information.

Forum Resident
#58 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:30 PM
Oh heaven - this is beautiful. Wish I had time to test it for you. Maybe in the weekend.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:35 PM
It has been awhile since I posted pictures of the entire world so you can see how it is coming along. So, here they are.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:00 PM
Alright, been working this morning. I finished the consignment shop and also fixed the back wall (which was missing) of the bar. The upstairs right of the shop is an imaginary apartment. Also, in the clothes section, the top has "bolts of fabric" for people who want to make their own clothes.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:42 AM
Okay, and another update! I am definitely on a role today! Now, if I can just finish the fire station tomorrow, I will upload a new BETA and everyone can download it and test it when the site goes down for a couple of days. :D

Test Subject
#62 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:51 AM
Love it! can't wait for the updated BETA so i can try it all out!!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 12:35 AM
This is terrific work! I'll have to keep following this....
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:33 PM
Okay, I have been working on this for awhile. I promise I didn't abandon it! I did lose some inspiration for awhile and then, when I did start working on it again, the changes were not quite small enough to justify making a new post. However, I finally have some pictures. To see what still needs to be done, please see the first post. I should have a beta up sometime this week and would welcome testers. All of the roads have been updated so they're no longer that hideous default.

The world will include pets. If you haven't seen it, I have another thread on CFF pertaining to the world; this one regarding the families/stories you would like to see. If you have ideas for that, please feel free to drop on by!

Instructor
#65 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:44 PM
Ooh, I love the progress! The pond in that last pic looks nice, very natural looking!

I love how you have the downtown on the little island. Reminds me of Manhattan. =)

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Field Researcher
#66 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:58 PM
:lovestruc

My Simblr: Here
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 4:23 PM Last edited by heaven : 31st Oct 2011 at 4:03 AM.
Yay! Time for testing! Please see ALL sections below before choosing to test. Also, please let me know if you are testing. Would be nice to know someone has it!

Just as a fun update; I was running a play test of my own and found some wild horses and a unicorn! So yay!

Test Subject
#68 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 1:34 AM
Looking forward to testing this out for you, one question though.
Do I have to download the Unlocked Content for CAW if I already have Riverview?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 4:02 AM
You do have to have Riverview. However, the installed content is just unlocked for use in CAW (or unlocked to be found in the buy catalog). These are not necessary to download. I'll make sure to mention that.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 12:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone got a chance to test and had feedback. Am working on things now and wanted to know if anyone had any issues or suggestions?

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
You do have to have Riverview. However, the installed content is just unlocked for use in CAW (or unlocked to be found in the buy catalog). These are not necessary to download. I'll make sure to mention that.

I can't download it! It says that file is set to private.
but otherwise, I really love what you've done with the place!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 7:51 PM Last edited by heaven : 25th Nov 2011 at 9:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ralfijs
I can't download it! It says that file is set to private.
but otherwise, I really love what you've done with the place!

The file was changed to private because I am having some issues with it. Once I see about resolving that, I'll repost a file to share. Sorry about that. Guess this is on hold, once again.

EDIT: Okay, I believe that I got it taken care of, thanks to the lovely simsample. So, again, here is the new upload file. Please review the prior posts for testing instructions and CC list.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 5:15 AM
Testers, make sure to get the Riverview Distant Terrain In Game and Riverview Bridges In Game files to install as CC. Without these files, neither items will show up in the world.

You can find the files here.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 7:28 PM Last edited by heaven : 5th Feb 2012 at 9:39 PM.
Okay, once again, the world is not dead, I promise. I've been slowly working on it back and forth with my legacy. I've got a few pictures for everyone.

Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 11:55 PM
Wow this looks really nice! I love the victorians. For Wisteria Lane, If you live anywhere near LA you could go to Universal and give you a studio tour in the park, and they drive you through there, you know just for inspiration.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: Old - OP may want to re-open thread
Page 3 of 4