Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 3:19 PM
Foundation Tool Missing
Hello Everyone,
I hope you are not all experiencing this issue i'm having when trying to build a house with a foundation. The slider to adjust foundation height is missing, thus, I am unable to create a foundation to my house.

While searching on a potential fix, another simmer posted this on Youtube of the exact issue i'm having.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL_z938u8LY

My game was working fine (even with mods) last night before I installed the following expansions: Seasons, Get Famous and Vintage Glamour Stuff (The one with the butler?). I deleted all my old saves, and started a new file. While building a new home for a new dynasty family, I first noticed the issue.

How I tried to fix it:
I first removed all my mods and that didn't seem to effect anything.
I then cleaned my Sims 4 and Origin folders according to the Carl Sims 4 Guide.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
And then, I tried to repair the game using Origin.

Somehow I think factory resetting the game isn't going to work, and would consider that a last resort kind of thing anyways.

Any thoughts on how to help?

Specs for my computer are enough (I could play Sims 3; the resource hog it was on this computer just fine) but I am still using Windows 7.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 4:27 PM
There isn't a foundation slider any more. You select a room and then use the weird white thing in the middle of the room with arrows on to pull the building up and down on its foundation

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
There isn't a foundation slider any more. You select a room and then use the weird white thing in the middle of the room with arrows on to pull the building up and down on its foundation

WELP!

Not sure how I didn't notice this before, thanks for pointing out this update for me. I would say this problem then has been solved. If anyone wants to add to the thread, I might suggest a link that notes all the changes made in updates, haha.

Thanks for the rapid response!