Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 7:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Changing food names
How do I change the names of CC foods?
Some of the dishes I added have names that are all lowercase, and I'd like to capitalize them to match the in-game dishes. I can't seem to find where I'd do that using SimPe.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 7:42 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...459#post5287459

I considered editing the text lists before posting but then thought that I'd just end up breaking something by editing that only. I'll try it.
I can also use this to remove sub menus too by just removing them here?
And what are the Get menus for? I don't remember those in game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 1:36 AM
I capitalized the food name in the [Text Lists] but it doesn't show in game; they're all still lowercase.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 3:27 AM
Did you make sure to commit changes after changing them? Change it in the catalogue description as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 11:50 AM
Since changing the catalog description and texts lists didn't change the food in game (yoghurt with fresh fruit) , I tried changing them on another (strawberry banana smoothie). For the second item, the text lists changes showed in game, but those made to the catalog description didn't.

Is it possible that something else in the file is keeping the changes from showing?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:17 PM
The only thing I can think of is if you accidentally had two copies of the same food.

Otherwise, can you upload the file and let me take a look at it after you've made the changes?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:58 PM
If I have several foods from different creators that are based on the same food (I have 3 CC foods based on the instant meal, for example), is it possible that they conflict?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 3:28 PM
Only if they're default replacements for the instant meal.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 4:26 PM
Maybe it's a lnguage problem? Make sure to press the buton "default langauge onlyc (something like that)

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)